Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Updater Error

onager450

Anyone else having issues with the Line 6 Updater? I just received my helix rack and want to update my firmware. I am using Widows 7 and downloaded the updater and the Helix editor. Both of these error out when opening. I have reinstalled a few times and keep getting the same errors. Thanks for any help or input. Loving my tones on this thing already just hoping to update the firmware.

I have re downloaded a few times. I still keep getting an error when opening the Updater. I don't notice anyone else posting issues so im sure I must being doing something wrong just cant seem to figure it out though.

Make sure you power off and disconnect the Helix Control first.  You should only download the Beta 1.11.1 application as the drivers and updater are all in that single download (I used Firefox to download due to some IE issues).  After the rack is updated then you connect and power up the Helix Control which will automatically update.

If you have done all of this then I would suggest posting every step one at a time for the knowledgeable people in this forum to better help out.

Dennis

Anyone else having issues with the Line 6 Updater? I just received my helix rack and want to update my firmware. I am using Widows 7 and downloaded the updater and the Helix editor. Both of these error out when opening. I have reinstalled a few times and keep getting the same errors. Thanks for any help or input. Loving my tones on this thing already just hoping to update the firmware.

What error are you getting when you try to run the Helix App installer? You may want to start by downloading and running the Helix App installer again. If you have not already, try plugging into a USB port on the back of the computer rather than the front or a hub if possible. If this does not help, try downloading the latest firmware first from the L6 downloads site. Then use the Line6 Updater by browsing to the file you have downloaded rather than having it download through the Updater.

Try using Chrome.

I always get an error massage when I try to use Explorer. Chrome works for me every time.

I reloaded it this time using Chrome. It appears to be loading correctly the issue I am getting is when i click the icon to open the Line 6 Updater it says "Line 6 Updater has stopped working"  I get the same message on the Helix editor. 

I reloaded it this time using Chrome. It appears to be loading correctly the issue I am getting is when i click the icon to open the Line 6 Updater it says "Line 6 Updater has stopped working"  I get the same message on the Helix editor. 

Hmm, a few things I might try troubleshooting. First, if you have not already(after backing up your presets) try doing a global reset of the Helix. Try starting the updater without the Helix plugged in. Does it crash then? If it only crashes when the Helix is plugged in you probably have a driver conflict of some kind that causes the crash when the USB driver loads. The tedious process of disabling other drivers from the System screen under Control Panel may help you detect what is causing the conflict and allow the Updater to function normally, unless the Helix is simply plugged into an incompatible USB port. Also, it might be worth running the "Line6 Helix Uninstaller" from Windows Control Panel/Programs & Features, restarting the PC, and then trying a fresh install of the Helix App installer.