Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HELIX Editor - ability to view two presets and copy and paste blocks from one to the other

d0stenning

Christian Arnolds excellent  "Loopy HD Control" CustomTone and videos is a great idea. But it now begs for a new feature in the HELIX Editor: today I wanted to use this for another preset I made. So a new ideaScale is called for:

Currently I would have to make a copy of the preset "Loopy HD Control" and go in manually and just set it up from scratch block-by-block to match the parts in my own original patch I want. 

It would be better if in the HELIX Editor I could see AT ONCE BOTH my preferred preset - with the tones how i want it- AND the new "TARGET" preset - and then simply highlight the blocks I want then COPY AND PASTE  this to the new preset containing the MIDI control pedal assignments. 

For this I need to be able to view the details for TWO presets AT ONCE - one being the "SOURCE" preset (read-only) and the other being the TARGET - with only the TARGET being editable, paste-able etc so one can copy anything from the SOURCE into the TARGET patch. 

This would save a lot of time. It would also be very useful in any situation where one wants to combine parts from two different patches into a new one. 

Currently you can copy each block 1 at a time and paste it into a new preset on the Helix itself and yes it is a lot of back and forth and saving but it does work... I have done it a few times... Though I haven't tried it with the editor...

I think copy-and-paste is coming to the editor. Pretty sure that DI said that this is one of the things that will be necessary for them to no longer call it "beta", but two patches on screen at the same time? I don't think that's coming.

fwiw, I bet that copying blocks from one patch to another will be way easier on the unit than the editor... but then there's that "oh my aching back" issue...

I think copy-and-paste is coming to the editor. Pretty sure that DI said that this is one of the things that will be necessary for them to no longer call it "beta", but two patches on screen at the same time? I don't think that's coming.

fwiw, I bet that copying blocks from one patch to another will be way easier on the unit than the editor... but then there's that "oh my aching back" issue...

In the editor I could live with just the ability to copy several highlighted blocks and paste into another patch I suppose.   Or maybe just select an entire single "chain-line"and copy-paste that. 

<fwiw, I bet that copying blocks from one patch to another will be way easier on the unit than the editor... but then there's that "oh my aching back" issue...> 

YUP.... . a damn shame here - as its mostly so easy and instant to do stuff on the HELIX itself...  apart from that lower back pain........ :(

In the editor I could live with just the ability to copy several highlighted blocks and paste into another patch I suppose.   ..

As far as I know the copy/paste is going to be one block at a time; no simultaneous copying of multiple blocks. But I haven't seen any detailed documentation so I'm not sure.

In the editor I could live with just the ability to copy several highlighted blocks and paste into another patch I suppose.   Or maybe just select an entire single "chain-line"and copy-paste that. 

DAMN I WANT THAT!

• Upvote 1

I always start building a preset by saving an existing preset that most closely resembles what my new preset's functionality will be to the new location and edit from there... chances are there will only a couple of blocks that would need altering... (I don't get very weird or complicated.)

I always start building a preset by saving an existing preset that most closely resembles what my new preset's functionality will be to the new location and edit from there... chances are there will only a couple of blocks that would need altering... (I don't get very weird or complicated.)

i do this in regular use, too. That said, when I'm beta testing new software, I always try and build from scratch to find the bugs if I can.

Related wish list:

• Ability to save named settings for an individual block, so you could insert a block with those settings, or recall them into an existing block
  • Ability to save default settings for each model, so it uses those settings when you initially set up a block using it

• 1 year later...