Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

relay g 10

phenix9

I've yet to see anyone post who has one in their possession.  I think they're expected to be available towards the end of the month as the boat is almost here (or possibly has just recently arrived in port).

Line 6 posted on the TGP forum that they were "12 days out".  The post is dated April 29th.

for home practicing, i think this is amazing (unless you're wandering around your mansion, in which case you'll lose signal).  I don't know about on a live stage yet, though; that will depend on range and how sensitive it is to the interference of a bunch of cel phones in the crowd.

Our Line 6 rep brought it by the store the other day while I was at lunch. Sooooo I missed out. However my co worker (who really doesn't like wireless systems at all) was ranting about it to me. He tested it in the store with tons of wireless units going on and plenty of cell phones and it held up without any interference. The rep wasn't in the store for long so we didn't get much of an idea of battery life but for 2-3 hours a day I highly doubt you will ever have any problems with this unit. 

8h charging for 3h 1/2

= it can be a problem 

I think it's a 3.5 hour charge will provide 8 hours of run time.  Also, a 30 minute charge should last 2.5 hours and a 15 minute charge should last an hour.

Hello,

bought Line 6 G10 recently. 

Wondering, why after at least 36 Hours of constant charging, the green LED at the Transmitter still shows the "blinking green light" for charging. Will this item ever be fully charged? and how can I tell if it is or isn't?

The Manual "Pilot Book"  doesn't give any useful information.

did anyone else make the same experience?

Beside that, the Idea of the G10 is great, and I am looking forward for many hours of stage performance.

• Upvote 1

Hello

received my G10 on wednesday, been trying to charge it, but after many hours, the LED on the transmitter keeps blinking RED/GREEN, and if I try to use it, it blinks RED for 2 seconds when I plug it into my guitar, then completely stops (and of course it does not transmit anything). To me it looks like it does not charge at all.

The manual or Line6's website do not even mention the red/green blinking...

Any hint of something I could do to make this thing work before I send it back to Thomann ?

Thanks

• Upvote 1

I received my G10 today and the same problem, it's been charging for many hours and still flashing Red.

Still not working, Still won't work or hold any charge :/

Very disappointing. I guess I will return and stick to my G70 and multiple transmitters :/

I read above one guy is still waiting after 36 hours of charging and no luck....

Anyone had this problem? was it replaced/faulty etc?

Update: Still not working, 

I've just seen a few others with the same problem and units were faulty. I will return it and stick to my G70 and multiple transmitters as I've now seen more people with the same problem :/

• Upvote 1

I recently purchased the G10 last Thursday and used it on Friday night. I am a pro musician who already owns three G30 devices. I got a bit cheesed off of having the transmitter keep falling off my guitar strap etc, apart from that I think they're excellent units.

So I plugged the G10 in to charge and the led halo on the base unit pulses red throughout the charging process, not I had it plugged in charging for around 20hrs as I as expecting the halo to change colour to green when charging was complete. I had also read some of the above posts so assumed I may have bought a faulty unit.

I was pleasantly surprised when I plugged the transmitter into my guitar to see it go to green and the halo on the base unit turn a constant white. I used the G10 and it was faultless, I play bass. A lot better than having a pack on your strap. No difference in tone from the G30.

I was impressed so much by it that I have just ordered a second unit for my six string guitar.

So does in fact look as if the base unit halo doesn't change colour whilst charging, it pulses read whether it is fully charged or not.

I'm having the same problem. Charging for hours now and still flashing red. When I plug it into the guitar to check if it is working, the halo goes white and there is nthing on the transmitter. I'm leaving it to charge overnight and if it isn't working in the morning it's going back!

Good that it works but the way your works is not according to the manual at all. Mine works the same yours does.

How can we know when the transmitter is fully charged if the base unit halo flashes red all the time?

Also, if I understand the manual correctly it's actually the transmitter that should be giving the light signals, not the halo.

From manual:

"Transmitter Details

Battery Status – This LED illuminates green when the transmitter is powered on, and more than 30 minutes of operating time remain.

The LED flashes red when less than 30 minutes of operating time remain.

When the transmitter is plugged into the receiver for charging, a flashing red LED indicates less than 30 minutes of battery operation, a flashing green LED indicates more than 30 minutes of battery operation and a steady green LED indicates a fully charged transmitter."

• Upvote 1

I have taken stock of my second G10 today and plugged it in to charge, no lights flashing on the transmitter just the red halo pulsing indicating charging. Whether the manual is incorrect, but the only time my transimtter lights up is if I remove it from the base unit.

This is my latest G10 that was put on charge at 12pm today, this clip was recorded at 20.25pm and still the red halo pulses.

http://vid18.photobucket.com/albums/b108/leeroysilk/P1030498_zpsu5gddk1t.mp4

After removing the transmitter from the base unit and plugging into your guitar for the first time, the base unit halo turns white and flashes until it has connected with the transmitter, the transmitter flashes green then illuminates green constantly. When you plug the transimtter back in to the base unit it starts to flash green and the halo is a constant white.

These videos show a faulty unit. It should not act like that.

I just got an answer on my support ticket. The answer was that my G10 is faulty and needs to be replaced. Everyone having this problem should do the same.

So, both units should act 100 % as described in the manual?
Or are there any differences because of errors in the manual?

I will get my G10 next week and so I am a little concerned about the amount of faulty units  :wacko:

So, both units should act 100 % as described in the manual?

Or are there any differences because of errors in the manual?

I will get my G10 next week and so I am a little concerned about the amount of faulty units  :wacko:

Yes, both units should act according to the manual. The way it acts in the first video linked to above is incorrect. The base station should always show a white light and the transmitter should always blink red or green when charging and show fixed green when charging is completed.

Yes, both units should act according to the manual. The way it acts in the first video linked to above is incorrect. The base station should always show a white light and the transmitter should always blink red or green when charging and show fixed green when charging is completed.

MEH, fixing the bug might (or should) be the reason, why my order at Thomann was set back from "today" to 24. june  ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

But if the transmitter is surely definitely and completely inserted into the receiver and still both the receiver and transmitter keep on blinking red? Why is there no answer to that question. I admire your confidence in your product, but I am not stupid.

You say: "Most likely, the transmitter was not seated completely into the receiver to start the charging process."

I am waiting for the rest of the answer. When it's NOT most likely, wat then is the answer to this problem?

i made some  huge comparisons between g 30/g10 /good guitar cable (Adam Hall) and 

i prefer my cable: brighter and louder sound. ..so ??

There's your answer, stick with the cable, but lose the freedom. 

the comparison is hard to do

i will make another ones but what i like is

Completely hum free !! 

​i played with vintage single coil pickups and a strat with  the hum

and with the g 10 : Completely hum free !!

with my very good cable: not Completely hum free !!!

so, strat, bad guitars,  no noiseless pickups 

the G10 is better than any cable for that 

I bought one today and it was faulty straight out of the box. Both the transmitter and the base unit was flashing red when trying to recharge. No light at all on transmitter when plugged in, to any guitar.

Rushed back to music store and changed to another unit, which behaves like it is supposed to do (at least while charging, have not plugged it in to a guitar yet).

After some trouble with HD500 footswitches and not fully functional switches on a JTV-59, I wonder if this is the last Line6 product I dare to buy. :unsure:

the g 10 sounds like a metallic tone

not enough trebles

no warm tones

the g 30 is perfect   ;)  and it sounds better than the g 10 

except for the batteries

very good cables

g 10 vs good cables vs g 30 

tested with garage band

tested with a good amp with tubes and good clean and bluesy  tone

no, the g 10 was not good enough 

so i have kept the g30 

the g 10 is coming back to the shop 

Just received two of these units for my duo.  So far they do not work at all.  Will not charge, or transmit, or send a signal to the board with either the XLR or the 1/4" jack.  Customer support does not answer the phone and there is no option to leave a message.  Tour starts Wednesday.  If I can't get help here, I'm turning to my fan base on facebook for advice.  Lots of touring bands in there.