Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

relay g 10

phenix9

Why don't you take them back to the outlet you purchased them from for a refund or another pair of G10's, no point waiting for support to get back to you on here as that is all they're likely to tell you.

• 1 month later...

For all with charging issues, i seem to have figured something out...

For my first rehearsal/performance cycle the unit worked flawlessly.  Then last week I was 3 hours out from a show and the unit wouldn't charge.  Base flashing red, and transmitter flashing dim red intermitently with the light going out after a few minutes (i assumed it was the auto shut down designed for when plugged into the instrument).  I gave up and went wired.

Just now, I pulled the unit out to charge and the same thing happened.  I did notice, however, that the plastic top on the transmitter had a small gap between the top and the body of the piece.  I put the transmitter back into the base, making sure to press on the top of the transmitter pretty hard, and boom--the base unit light went to white with the transmitter blinking red as when I first charged the unit.

Update: after just a few minutes, everything went back to all red.  After pressing everything over and over, I eventually got it back to charging properly.  Clearly there's a poor connection somewhere, either between base and transmitter, or transmitter and battery.

• 7 months later...

I don't know if I really have a problem with my Relay G10 unit. I bought it a year ago and I never had any problems with the working time. But when I put it to charge, the green light is always flashing. And I let it charge for almost a day. Is that normal?

Besides that, the usb connection sometimes fails to connect. Sometimes I have to move it in order to make it work.

Regarding the Charging Green LED Issue. This was resolved by the firmware updates issued after you bought yours.

Install the latest firmware 1.04 version and that should resolve your issues.

As for the USB port connection, if it is not maintaining a reliable power nor data connection this may be due to a weak, failed or faulty USB jack connection to the PCB. This was a common problem with early units, and uite familiar to Line 6. Contact them directly and Customer Tech Support will almost assuredly replace your unit. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they replacedd it for you under Warranty as the units have only been out for about a year. Moreover, as this was a known problem, they may well replace it for you even if your 1 Year warranty has already expired. If you bought it from Sweetwater you'll have a 2 year warranty. And, if you used a credit card with extended warranty coverage, you're also certainly under warranty coverage.

• 6 months later...

i had bought the g10

and i had the g30 +good guitar cables

conclusion: the g10 sounded metallic /cold

the g30 is very good except the metal part which is not solid at all

very fragile

so, the g10 > out of my room

g30 is always here and i can use normal batteries or rechargeable batteries 

• 2 years later...

I am having similar issues. After more than a year of solid performance, my transmitter will no charge. no lights whatsoever, even when FIRMLY SEATED into the receiver. LIghts flash on the receiver but nothing from the trans. I'm also having difficulties opening a support ticket as it keeps routing me back here to the forums.

• 11 months later...

Hello

I just received a gift from a friend a brand new Line 6 G10 Relay last Thursday,22 October 2020 and I was really so happy for a dream come true kind of thing. I tried to use it on Day 1 but the transmitter was really hot after the charging. So I updated the firmware on the 2nd Day. On the 2nd day I noticed after updating it, the hotness is not there anymore but I noticed also that, after charging on a good 3.5 hours, after plugged it in my guitar... in just  two minutes the transmitter keeps blinking RED then turned off automatically as if it was not charged. I was really disappointed.

I have a lot of respect on Line 6 because ever since I am a Line 6 Product User.

Please help me on this. Please bring me back my joy on the 1st time I got this. Thank you so much

On 10/24/2020 at 11:33 PM, gitaraboy said:

Hello

I just received a gift from a friend a brand new Line 6 G10 Relay last Thursday,22 October 2020 and I was really so happy for a dream come true kind of thing. I tried to use it on Day 1 but the transmitter was really hot after the charging. So I updated the firmware on the 2nd Day. On the 2nd day I noticed after updating it, the hotness is not there anymore but I noticed also that, after charging on a good 3.5 hours, after plugged it in my guitar... in just  two minutes the transmitter keeps blinking RED then turned off automatically as if it was not charged. I was really disappointed.

I have a lot of respect on Line 6 because ever since I am a Line 6 Product User.

Please help me on this. Please bring me back my joy on the 1st time I got this. Thank you so much

All you can do is open a support ticket with customer service and see what they tell you. You may get it replaced without too much fuss.

• 11 months later...
On 6/1/2016 at 11:17 AM, george_007 said:

Good that it works but the way your works is not according to the manual at all. Mine works the same yours does.

How can we know when the transmitter is fully charged if the base unit halo flashes red all the time?

Also, if I understand the manual correctly it's actually the transmitter that should be giving the light signals, not the halo.

From manual:

"Transmitter Details

Battery Status – This LED illuminates green when the transmitter is powered on, and more than 30 minutes of operating time remain.

The LED flashes red when less than 30 minutes of operating time remain.

When the transmitter is plugged into the receiver for charging, a flashing red LED indicates less than 30 minutes of battery operation, a flashing green LED indicates more than 30 minutes of battery operation and a steady green LED indicates a fully charged transmitter."

I am having the same issue. have you resolved the issue? if so, how did you do it?

On 6/2/2016 at 1:04 AM, Smashcraaft said:

Why don't you open a support-ticket, here at Line6?

I'm really looking forward to the response of Support  :ph34r:

how do you open a ticket. Every time I click to open a ticket, it sends me to the forums page.

On 5/30/2016 at 10:06 AM, Lee7uk said:

I recently purchased the G10 last Thursday and used it on Friday night. I am a pro musician who already owns three G30 devices. I got a bit cheesed off of having the transmitter keep falling off my guitar strap etc, apart from that I think they're excellent units.

So I plugged the G10 in to charge and the led halo on the base unit pulses red throughout the charging process, not I had it plugged in charging for around 20hrs as I as expecting the halo to change colour to green when charging was complete. I had also read some of the above posts so assumed I may have bought a faulty unit.

I was pleasantly surprised when I plugged the transmitter into my guitar to see it go to green and the halo on the base unit turn a constant white. I used the G10 and it was faultless, I play bass. A lot better than having a pack on your strap. No difference in tone from the G30.

I was impressed so much by it that I have just ordered a second unit for my six string guitar.

So does in fact look as if the base unit halo doesn't change colour whilst charging, it pulses read whether it is fully charged or not.

So I have the same issue. The transmitter is fully charged as the LED light is green. but the halo on the receiver remains flashing red. this happened after the firmware update. Have you figured your out? is the normal with the new upgrade?

14 hours ago, Ozuna73 said:

So I have the same issue. The transmitter is fully charged as the LED light is green. but the halo on the receiver remains flashing red. this happened after the firmware update. Have you figured your out? is the normal with the new upgrade?

Did you flash BOTH receiver and transmitter with latest firmware? Be sure you did. :)