Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No processed sound - HD500X

morelia

This has to be some simple mistake.  I tried (amp switch) out to Roland HD500X.  No processed sound.  If I use the tuner to bypass the processing there is signal.  Tried the same to mixer.  Same result.  Using guitar in and mono unbalanced out (tried both outs).  It's been working ever day for over a year so I can't imagine what is going one.  Is there something obvious I'm missing?  Tried with headphones as well. Same result.  With tuner on I hear guitar but when off there is no output.

(edit)  Has had use once a fortnight for over a year without missing a beat.  I did read somewhere that there should be no sound when the tuner is engaged.  As this is the only time there is a signal passing through could that be a sign of the problem?

I haven't specifically checked the cable but because they pass signal when I enable the tuner I assume they are all good.  Having said that, yes I have checked 2 out of the three cables that I have been using today.  Thanks for the idea though.

I've checked the amp (which is new and working perfectly) and the mixer which is also working.  All leads now confirmed as working.  I used all this gear regularly so I'm a bit stumped.  Do these things just go kaput? It's a year and a half old.  Is warranty out of date?  Pretty bummed if this is just out of warranty and having a major fail.

Nope, I figure it out.  Just took another person to ask a simple question.  Why is it only the first 4 banks?  I hadn't thought to check the rest.  But the first 4 are my live setup and I have FX Loops in each preset.  I just assumed it would auto bypass but it doesn't.  The sound just stops at the FX Loop.  Seems a bit of an oversight but easily dealt with now that I know the problem.

Thanks everyone that offered any help.