Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Best Tones for Firehawk FX

tythom

Can you guys post the best tones you have made or found on the cloud. If you have a tone you think is awesome, can you post it here. You can also share ideas on how you tweaked it to make it your own. Would love some interaction.

• 2 weeks later...

There's three patches that I've downloaded and use the most:

- B1tch (spelt normally, but the profanity filter changes it to lollipop on this forum) - distortion that you can use as a lead/rhythm with the volume pedal

- Dark Delay Chorus (nice clean tone, that you can make less effecty by using your guitar's volume knob)

- Mayer Modded Strat (good blues/rock tone that you can make a cool clean tone using your guitar's volume knob)

Nylon reverb (clean sound, good for strumming chords) is also very good.

Great thread, please share some of yours!!! 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Peter, I use the Plexi tone you created for some of the older songs we do.  It also works well with the other guitarist, who can't seem to get any other tone than a "brown sound"  :)  .   I added a bit more gain and some of the treble back, but it is one of my favorite tones.  Thank you so much for the instructional video, I learned quite a bit.

Now the tones I use can crank up without getting 'fizzy' and nasty.

thanks Peter!

create more videos, I'd love to learn more about getting the right sound.

• Upvote 1

Peter, I use the Plexi tone you created for some of the older songs we do.  It also works well with the other guitarist, who can't seem to get any other tone than a "brown sound"   :)  .   I added a bit more gain and some of the treble back, but it is one of my favorite tones.  Thank you so much for the instructional video, I learned quite a bit.

Now the tones I use can crank up without getting 'fizzy' and nasty.

thanks Peter!

create more videos, I'd love to learn more about getting the right sound.

Thanks, TriPPlex,

I'm glad the videos helped you.

Unfortunately I only had the Firehawk FX for about three weeks so I could only do the two videos. I did enjoy using it though. The unit has some really good tones in it.

Cheers,

Peter.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great idea :) I will post some soon, thats for sure. 

(I think Line6 should improve the tone cloud for the firehawk) they have an amazing page with the customtone and for the firehawk seems like something "amateur" idk xD

cheers

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...

You can try my attempt at a cranked up JCM 800 rhythm patch. Just search the text string "ric1966" in the tone cloud. It is EQ'd for FRFR thru my JBL EON 612 monitor, which is very crisp. If you have a different monitor, you may want to put some of the high end back in by bumping the high mid gain and/or high shelf gain, or by turning off the EQ altogether. I tagged it to Hagar's "Heavy Metal" but it will work with just about any hard rock song from that era.

- B1tch (spelt normally, but the profanity filter changes it to lollipop on this forum) - distortion that you can use as a lead/rhythm with the volume pedal

- Dark Delay Chorus (nice clean tone, that you can make less effecty by using your guitar's volume knob)

- Mayer Modded Strat (good blues/rock tone that you can make a cool clean tone using your guitar's volume knob)

Thanks for the heads-up.  I'm going to check those out.

A few of those are not found on the Firehawk cloud. Any ideas?

Couldnt find:

B1tch or  Mayer Modded Strat

• 1 year later...

I realize that I'm a little late to the party and am trying to resurrect a dead thread but...

I just got my FHFX (First Post!) a couple of days ago and i am loving the won't get fooled again tone that L6 shows you how to make here   great rock rhythm tone

I also like:

* Jeff Beck      I think it nails a great Beck style lead tone... with a little tweaking to the reverb i think it could be a great rhythm tone also

Lincoln Brewster X3 Live C   is good

Mary Jane   is a good kinda clean, kinda dirty Tom Pettyish rhythm tone

Slow Trem   is a nice tone inspired by "Nobody Told me" by Vintage Trouble

Where The Streets Have No Name  is a fun patch (i did change the delays to be based on quarter not and dotted eight notes instead of setting the tempo to time)

Actually all the U2 based patches have been fun to play with.

These patches all worked well with my p-90 equipped Epi Es-339 pro

That is all that I've got so far... I would love to hear about more cool/fun patches... the search function doesn't seem very friendly to people who aren't looking for specific song based tones.