Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Mesa 12" Bass Cab Impulse Response (IR) Pack

roscoe5

Just checking interest in bass impulse responses of some Mesa gear.  I've been doing a lot of guitar IR's, but there does seem to be a gap in Helix & IR bass cabs, particularly 12" bass cabs.  I've had TON's of bass cabs in the past (Ampeg 4x10HLF /SVT 8x10/2x10/1x15, Eden 410XLT/210XLT/1x15XLT, Markbass 210P & 121H, Peavey 810TX/210TX/1x15TX/oddball 80's 2x8/1x15, SWR Goliath 1x15/2x10/Big Ben 1x18, Acoustic 2x15, Kustom Tuck 2x15, Mesa Powerhouse 2x10/1x15), and the Mesa 12" cabs are by far my all-time favorites.

It just so happens that I have a 1x12 Scout Cab and a 2x12 Powerhouse cab; Mesa Walkabout, M9, and 400+ amps; and an AKG D112 mic (+ some other mics).  Sounds like an IR pack waiting to happen to me.

The big challenge for me is vibration of the room and objects, but I think I can overcome by taking the closet approach or buying my studio buddies a case of micro brews.

These may be a couple of weeks out, but open to some thoughts and ideas from you guys before the effort rather than after.  What do you like or not like about Helix and/or IR bass cabs?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 5 months later...

I would LOVE to have some Mesa bass IRs!!

I'm a Mesa User myself but I dont trust my own skills to make those IRs myself:)

Please, let me know if you want to share (or sell) some good IRs.

I made some IR'S of my Mesa Powerhouse 212 using the power section of my Mesa M9 amp and an AKG D112. I IR'd the horn concurrently with the woofers too. They are posted on dropbox, but I don't have the link handy. You can probably seach this board for "Mesa Bass IR" and find the original thread with link.

• 1 year later...

Thanks as always for this generous contribution Roscoe5!

http://line6.com/support/topic/17076-links-for-free-impulse-responses-ir-here/?p=140936

Here's another link (to a link) for a bunch of free bass cab IRs as well as quite a few free guitar IRs. Don't know what format they were saved in or how well they will work with the Helix but they might be worth a look. Even though its native resolution for IRs is 48kHz 16-bit mono the Helix does a pretty good job of converting IRs to their own format from others. As they say in the Helix manual.

"...but the HX Edit app allows you to import IR .WAV files of different sample rate, bit depth, length and stereo format, and the app will convert these attributes automatically before sending to the HX Effects hardware."
  • Upvote 1