Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Footswitch test mode

Bangha

Hi everyone.

After 6 months of dealing with a failing footswitch I finally completed the recording projects I was in and am about to send my Helix in for repairs. Sadly, this being France and with previous forum members experience this will leave me Helixless for 4-6 weeks.

Before sending i through, I want to make sure nothing else is failing. (Occasionally I'll think I've hit a footswitch, and it requires a second stomp, but playing live I might have just missed it).

I think I read somewhere there is an FS combination I can hold down upon booting up in order to access test mode. Does anybody know what that is?

Thanks for the help

Anyone have any clue?

If I remember correctly someone had posted all the possible booting options for helix, I just can't track down that post.

Thanks!

The mode you're looking for is 4 & 5 while powering on.

This will test all physical interactions with Helix, including the touch sensors.

• Upvote 1

This will test all physical interactions with Helix, including the touch sensors.

Does it walk you through pressing various buttons to make sure they work? Does it end up clearing anything out? Interested to know a little more about this since there doesn't seem to be anything on here about it.

Thanks duncann!

I'll be giving that a shot as soon as I'm back home.

Have a great week!

Does it walk you through pressing various buttons to make sure they work? Does it end up clearing anything out? Interested to know a little more about this since there doesn't seem to be anything on here about it.

It doesn't really walk you through anything. It just presents you with a list of all the physical buttons. The list (selected by pressing the joystick button on the UI Test menu entry) starts out with red colored entries and each entry turns green once its associated control is pressed, turned, touched, moved forward, back, left, right, etc.

I doubt it clears anything, or is capable of fixing anything that might be wrong. Just gives visual feedback about whether a control is working or not. The HD500(X) has a mode like this as well.

• Upvote 1

Hey Duncann!

Just wanted to say thanks again. That was precisely what I needed and allowed be to find any extra flaws (which I did) on my helix before sending the footswitches (thanks to you, footswitches) to be fixed. This will probably leave me without a Helix for a month or so, but I can't wait to have it back with full functionality again.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1