Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to delete downloaded patch

richcole

Hi All! I'm need to HD500x, wow am I in over my head! There is going to be quite a learning curve for an old analog guy. So thanks in advance for your patience and help; this seems to be a great forum.

Question- how do I delete a downloaded "patch"? I want to experiment with some of the sounds available but it seems that once I download one to play with it, I'm stuck with it. I must be missing something,

Thanks! - Rich

You don't actually 'delete' a patch. You can copy a different patch into the same location, replacing rather than deleting the patch. You can use, or create, what you consider to be an 'empty' patch for this purpose.

Depend how you work?

If you download a patch and save it, then you need to replace it with a empty patch ( or you replace your downloaded patch with a "New tone"

to do that  select a "New tone" hold your cursor press and hold the "shift"key and  set the new tone over the downloaded one,  and save the selected

Now if you download a patch and just test it , you will see that your patch is yellow named with a star, the star is because the patch is not saved

to go back to the empty with a NO SAVED , select the patch and click on "selected" OUT, on the right side of your device illustred on POD HD EDIT in the left corner

and you come back to the original preset

the shift key = replace

the crtl key = swap

save a patch = select the patch, click on selected on the left side of the illustred device (on HD EDIT left side)

To go further with what Silverhead said --- 

I not only have a "new tone" patch saved, but I have a setlist of "new tone", AND ALSO a bundle of "new tone"

That way I can blank out as much as I want. One at a time, 64 at a time, or 512 at a time. 

*if you haven't yet saved/created a blank patch, you can also drag a "new tone" from another setlist to where you need it to go. If you use a "new tone" from the same setlist, it won't overwrite, it will just renumber everything.

There is going to be quite a learning curve for an old analog guy. So thanks in advance for your patience and help; this seems to be a great forum.

Yes, there is a learning curve. 

It's one thing to learn all of the "computer" aspects of the unit, but a good tip to help with tone creation is: 

Don't think of it as a new fangled device. Just treat it as if you were doing this in the "real" world. 

You have dozens of amps to choose from, just the same as if you were in a store buying one. Which one do you want? Select it. You know how to turn tone knobs, so do it. There is nothing out of the ordinary about it. It is just a tone knob on a computer screen instead of a physical  knob that you can physically touch.  

Want a distortion pedal? You would never, in the real world, put it after your amp, so put it before the amp the same as you would in the 'real' world. Adjust the knobs accordingly.

Do you use delay? In the real world, how would you set your delay, where in the chain would you put it ---- on the Pod, do the same.

Basically: 

if you looked at your old rig and made a diagram of it on paper (or on a computer with AutoCAD), the display in the Pod should look the same.