Sign in to follow this  
Steelmaster

Just plain Wow

I originally got my 500X to make my live stuff easier to deal with. The band I was in did a lot of songs that would use multiple guitars, effects and complete soundscape changes in a single song. My arthritis has gotten so bad that live playing is not in my future anymore. I decided to set up my home studio and do some recording so I hooked up my 500X just to see how it works as a recording device. WOW!! I am impressed. I think it will be an even more useful tool for me as a recording interface. Just for fun, I wanted to get a Return To Forever vibe going for a song and by the time I was done tweaking, I had a useful Al DiMeola sound on my left and a unison Stanley Clarke sound on my right. What fun.

• Upvote 2

I originally got my 500X to make my live stuff easier to deal with. The band I was in did a lot of songs that would use multiple guitars, effects and complete soundscape changes in a single song. My arthritis has gotten so bad that live playing is not in my future anymore. I decided to set up my home studio and do some recording so I hooked up my 500X just to see how it works as a recording device. WOW!! I am impressed. I think it will be an even more useful tool for me as a recording interface. Just for fun, I wanted to get a Return To Forever vibe going for a song and by the time I was done tweaking, I had a useful Al DiMeola sound on my left and a unison Stanley Clarke sound on my right. What fun.

Yeah Man! I'm with you. It took me a while to get the hang of making patches since I never had experience when I started but once I got it whenever I pull out the HD500 I'm having some fun. I still use my X3 Pro too.

Yesterday I pulled out my Spider Jam, cranked the master volume and tuned in some patches using my Epiphone Special II tuned to Open G and went at it. I'm really impressed with how it sounds even still. So I played hard for about an hour until I smelled something akin to a hair dryer when it heats up and gave it a rest, lol. Maybe some dust inside was burning off the chip or something. I don't know but it sure does sound good clean, crunchy or insane. :)