Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Weird noise with my hd500x

gabr1el

Im having a weird noise in the signal, is by far more notorius in the blackface deluxe reverb vib channel emulation.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6UHks8GX810SGZudjVNMF9ITVU/view

that's the noise, it's like a buzz 1 octave lower.

here's he file in .wav https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6UHks8GX810cFpYQ1hveFgyRW8/view

And here's the patch https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6UHks8GX810U2QyYm1HbG01Um8/view

I've tried changing cables, 2 guitars 1 bass, using the xlr, the 1/4, the guitar input, the aux input, going into monitors, guitar amp, bass amp. Tried in diferent rooms, diferent electric plugs, tried both resets, the one with the left arrow and using the monkey aplication and the noise is still there. help me please.

Um, I didn't hear anything strange. Some fret noise perhaps. Maybe I need to use headphones....

It's a low frecuency noise, I can hear it in my monitors, my headphones and 2 amps but not in my laptop. And isnt fret noise because I tried with 2 guitars and 1 amp and the noise still there :(

I am going to agree with pfsmith0. 

I do not hear anything. 

That doesn't mean that you aren't hearing it. It just means that it isn't coming across in your recordings. 

What are you using to listen ? monitores ? headphones ?laptop ? in my laptop I cant hear it because is a low frecuency noise, but in my monitors i can hear the noise in the clip I uploaded :/ .

I can hear what you're describing with headphones, from you're recorded clip. But it's so very subtle. Probably a long shot, but does it go away if you turn the HUM parameter to zero?

Edit:

Just tried the patch with my jem and evo pickups and I can also hear it in this form, with headphones. If what I'm hearing is the same thing you're hearing, turning HUM to zero makes it go away.

I'm with pfsmith and pianoguyy....I hear nothing but the string and maybe some fret noise on some notes.through either my Yamaha HS7 studio monitors or my Sennheiser HD 280 Pro headsets.  I'm wondering if it's an artifact of your monitors.....

I can hear what you're describing with headphones, from you're recorded clip. But it's so very subtle. Probably a long shot, but does it go away if you turn the HUM parameter to zero?

Edit:

Just tried the patch with my jem and evo pickups and I can also hear it in this form, with headphones. If what I'm hearing is the same thing you're hearing, turning HUM to zero makes it go away.

OMG was that, thank you so much guys, I was scared of something electric going on. I feel dumb now !!!

I always turn HUM down.

Yup. Honestly, I don't get it. I suppose they had to include it for the sake of the models' "authenticity", but who the hell wants more noise? I'd love to meet the guy who's turning the HUM parameter up from it's default...there's always one. ;)

Not only that, but they kept the hum when they ported the older models over in the paks you can buy. And there's no DEP to remove them! The Acoustic, Cougars, Jazz Rivets and Black Panel Petes don't hum but the rest do. Very disappointed.