Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

MORE G70 Dropout Issues

gpicard5

So I have the G70 and (2) Transmitters. The past 4 gigs I have played I have had dropouts. At minimum I have had 3 dropouts in a 4 set night. At maximum I've had about 12. The dropouts last anywhere from a split second to up to 2 seconds. In addition, the range seems to be VERY short.

I HAVE UPDATED THE SOFTWARE on the Receiver and both Transmitters. I have also used the Clear Channel scan and I am NOT using the "Sleep" mode on the Transmitters. The units are about 4 months old and have had issues since day 1.

I would make sure you're in RF1 mode; they're probably set to RF2 out of the box.  RF2 is more for the situations where you can control the environment and need to squeeze out an extra couple of channels 'plays well with others' mode, and RF1 is more of the 'we need to be heard and will push through the crowd more' mode.

I would make sure you're in RF1 mode; they're probably set to RF2 out of the box. RF2 is more for the situations where you can control the environment and need to squeeze out an extra couple of channels 'plays well with others' mode, and RF1 is more of the 'we need to be heard and will push through the crowd more' mode.

I just realized you said G70, i was thinking the XD70 (microphone, not guitar).   Not sure if they have a distinction between RF modes.  

I'd look at the placement of the receiver; make sure it's not next to anything that causes lots of radio wave interference.

Examples: If you use IEMs, avoid putting the IEM transmitter next to the G70 receiver, and keep the receiver as far from power supplies as you can; all the AC/DC conversions can make lots of extra noise.  

Also, I personally like the put the transmitter in a pouch and attach it to the guitar strap; keeps it away from the body and clothes that may also wreck havoc with the signals.  

These are suggestions in how to improve the connection.  I wouldn't expect it to be cutting out at all if you're 10-20 or so feet away, though, so if it's happening while you're close to the receiver, not sure.  Is it on a pedalboard with other stuff or just out in the open?

Have the receiver on a pedalboard with at least 3" of separation on all sides. Use 2 transmitters both in neotech pouches on straps. Dropouts happen in multiple venues with both transmitters which makes me suspect the receiver is the issue.

• 5 months later...

Just bought a G70 less than a month ago. I played one gig with it and i had drop out issues. I googled the problem and it led to me to this forum. However, the posts in the forum were from 2014 and 2015. I'm wondering if I will need to download the patch that is mentioned from those posts (firmware version 1.03) or should this have been fixed in this newer unit. Also, I noticed a firmware version 1.04 there as well. Can anyone please advise.   Thanks

• 1 month later...