Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Will the Firehawk FX work with Spider Valve Mkii?

oscillateX

I used the Line 6 Spider Valve Mkii for the majority of an album I recorded and I've not been having much luck recreating the sounds using traditional pedal methods, largely because I'm singing and can't hit 2 to 3 pedals at the same time. I'm considering bringing my Spider Valve Mkii on the road for smaller venues, but I also have an Orange half stack for larger shows. Since the Helix is currently out of my budget, I've been looking into the Firehawk FX pedalboard.

My question is whether you can also use the Firehawk FX as a controller similar to that of the FBV 3 with the Spider Valve Mkii to control its built-in modeling pre-sets and custom banks. My thinking is that it makes more sense to buy the Firehawk FX multi-effects since I could also just run it through my Orange amplifier when I need to, rather than buying the FBV 3 and not being able to use it for anything else.

TL;DR: Can the Firehawk FX be used with the Spider Valve Mkii in the same way that the FBV 3 can, or am I stuck getting the FBV 3?

Thanks.

The Firehawk won't work as a controller for the Spider Valve. 

You can turn off the Amp Sims and it would work well as a pedal board for your Orange amp.

Would you be able to bypass the Spider Valve's modeling effects entirely and run the Firehawk FX through it, taking advantage of the tubes? In other words, replacing the SV's built-in modeling functions with that of the Firehawk's?

Would you be able to bypass the Spider Valve's modeling effects entirely and run the Firehawk FX through it, taking advantage of the tubes? In other words, replacing the SV's built-in modeling functions with that of the Firehawk's?

It's been a while since I had my Spider Valve but I believe if you plug the Output cable from the Firehawk into the Power Amp plug on the back this will have the desired effect. 

As a word of caution, make sure the volume is at 0 on BOTH the Firehawk AND the Spider Valve and slowly bring them up.

I had the original Spider Valve but the same principle should apply. I traded it away and it is one of the pieces of gear I most regret parting with.