Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Rotary Speakers and cabs too?

spikey

Finally got to play with Helix some today- got the 3rd mission pedal involved with the speed settings on a rotary effect.

So when you are running a rotary effect (Leslie cabinet) and you have a cab for the Amp as well, don't they interact tone wise? How can I do this without adding the mud of both cabs together ? Or do I just not need to to run a cab (IR) when running a Leslie?

Finally got to play with Helix some today- got the 3rd mission pedal involved with the speed settings on a rotary effect.

So when you are running a rotary effect (Leslie cabinet) and you have a cab for the Amp as well, don't they interact tone wise? How can I do this without adding the mud of both cabs together ? Or do I just not need to to run a cab (IR) when running a Leslie?

spikey,

I understood that the whole point about using a Leslie rotating cabinet was that it negated the use of a regular cab - and hence the mud?

At least, I thought that's how it worked when using real world ones (spinning cabs) as opposed to the digital version.

Dunno - Just my take on the subject.

Yep what I thought but Ive thought many things lol... Generally speaking then its No cab if yer running a Leslie -Thanks guys.

Ok so what do you do if the leslie is a stomp I.E. on/off option? Is there a way to swap back to the cab for the leslie when its switched off perhaps?

Just read Parallel- sry... :P so if they are in parallel then signal flow is into one or the other ?

Make sure that you're running the cab separate from the head (AKA not a combo). With the leslie turned on and the standard cab turned off assign both to one footswitch. Then label the switch Leslie. When you disengage the switch it should turn the leslie off and the regular cab back on simultaneously. 

Make sure that you're running the cab separate from the head (AKA not a combo). With the leslie turned on and the standard cab turned off assign both to one footswitch. Then label the switch Leslie. When you disengage the switch it should turn the leslie off and the regular cab back on simultaneously. 

This is what I do, and I set a foot controller to change the speed of the leslie, too.

This is what I do, and I set a foot controller to change the speed of the leslie, too.

Yup. Thats usually how I run mine. Is it just me or does anyone else love hearing that leslie speed up and slow down when you change speeds. L6 really nailed that sound.