Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk 1500/Helix

stragglypuppet

Ok so im new to this forum but ive been on the search for some versatile equipment that packs a mean punch both live and for practicing at lower volumes at home. Im in love with the helix based on what of seen and heard so far but what i hate is that in order to really experience its prowess I need to get a quality frfr solution. so then here comes the fh1500 and it seems that paired with the helix its an amazing setup and even l6 staff and endorses such a connection. I just wish that there was a helix1500, i mean why put inferior modeling in a frfr amp? when the helix tech is already available? so my big question is should I go FH1500 and dial in my settings? or do i go helix? or do i wait until l6 wises up and puts the helix in an amp cab?

• Upvote 1

I would start with the FH1500...The tone and models are excellent!  Give it a shot and dial in some tones and see what you think.  If you find yourself still wanting more flexibility down the road, or if you can't get the tone you're looking for, you can always add a Helix and use the FH1500 as your FR amp solution.  If you do it this way, you may save yourself $1500 by not buying the Helix. However, if you do end up adding a Helix to the mix, you're not really out any $, because you needed the FR monitor anyway, and now you have a built in backup unit in the FH1500 for your live shows, in the event that your Helix decides to take an unexpected dump on you at a gig.  

I would start with the FH1500...The tone and models are excellent!  Give it a shot and dial in some tones and see what you think.  If you find yourself still wanting more flexibility down the road, or if you can't get the tone you're looking for, you can always add a Helix and use the FH1500 as your FR amp solution.  If you do it this way, you may save yourself $1500 by not buying the Helix. However, if you do end up adding a Helix to the mix, you're not really out any $, because you needed the FR monitor anyway, and now you have a built in backup unit in the FH1500 for your live shows, in the event that your Helix decides to take an unexpected dump on you at a gig.

you make a great point considering a quality frfr speaker would run around the same price as the fh1500. Do you have any experience with the cloud based tones for the firehawk?