Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Acoustic Models Not Upgraded In V2.0?

I am very happy with the improvement in sounds with the hd upgrade and I felt that the acoustics sounded better too (especially the 12 strings); however, someone on this forum said the acoustic models have not been changed at all. Have I been tricked by myself?

The acoustic models were updated to HD in the 1.82 firmware. Whether or they changed at in the 2.0 update is a matter of discussion at the moment. If they did change it was more in way of tweaking them not completely remodeling them.

• Upvote 1

I'm completely convinced that the acoustic models have been reworked since the last FW update. They sound great to me!

Me too, I find the sound 'tighter' now and it seems that there is less 'ambiance' than before so it is clearer.

I don't know about others, but the HD upgrade improved the models to the point that the guitar seems to feel different to me :-)

Thought Id share this tip from a fellow Tyler Variax HD user

http://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3516.msg66784#msg66784

Heres a tip ive posted elsewhere in regards to the JTV and new firmware.

It gives you 2 additional bonus acoustic guitars. [with the new Tyler Variax HD 2.0 firmware] You actually could do this trick in the past version of Workbench in a somewhat convoluted manner, but the new version makes it very easy.

Take the two acoustic 12 string bodies and turn off the parallel tuning option in workbench. Save each to a custom bank and you now have 2 additional acoustic guitars that are different from the other 3 6 string acoustic bodies.

• Upvote 1