Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

FBV 3 won't change LED colour

Hi,

I just got the FBV 3 pedal. Great stuff! BUT, why isn't it possible to change the colours of the LED's? They are red... but I tried the pedal at Muikmesse 2016 in Frankfurt a couple of weeks ago, and the colours are different... yellow, green... etc.

I am using it with the Amplifi TT. Do I need a special software or what am I doing wrong? 

Thanks for answering.

Greets from Germany

Luzifer

I've not got the FBV 3 pedal, but what I've read and heard the light colour changes only work with the FH1500 at present.

Wheather a software update is on the cards from line 6 to fix this I don't know?

So I'm forced theoretically to buy the fh1500 to get all fuctions?!?! Hmmmm, well!

On the packaging there is the note it works woth the TT. No hint the colour changes aren't Wirkung with e.g. the TT!

I've bot the latest update...

Somebody any idea?!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
On 4/4/2018 at 4:16 AM, StoneGunner said:

I have the Firehawk 1500 but my LEDs won't change on my FBV3 they stay Orange

You should get the color coded LED rings when using FBV3 with FH1500. I would first start by making sure your FBV3 is up to date with the most current firmware. To update FBV3 plug FBV 3 into your computer USB, run the Line 6 Updater application available for free at line6.com/software , and then update your unit to the latest firmware. It would also be a good idea to update your FH1500 to the latest firmware as well. If this does not solve your issue you will have to open a support ticket with Line 6 directly. 

• 2 weeks later...

pretty sure I read somewhere the FBV3 works with amplifi, but led colours dont change.  I think also this pedal came out after amplifi, so compatibility is not 100%.

Guessing it is because there is no functions in amplifi/firehawk to change led colours.

11 hours ago, ranchak said:

Can you change the led colors when using the Spyder V?

When connecting FBV 3 to a Spider V amp you will get the color coded rings on the FBV 3. The color of the rings indicates what type of effect is assigned to that foot-switch (delay=green, modulation=blue, overdrive/dist=yellow), but you can't customize the color of an effect. The LED colors will change according to what type of effect is assigned. 

• 1 month later...

Just got the FBV3 and really chuffed with it EXCEPT that in my case the FS1,2,3,4,5 buttons stay Red.

I am using it with an Amplifi75. Using latest firmware.

When I run the control App on an iPad I can see the different colours for Delay/ Stomp etc.

With my set up is there any way I can make the colours change on the FBV3?

Cheers Ted 

On 6/8/2018 at 11:57 AM, TedPratt said:

Just got the FBV3 and really chuffed with it EXCEPT that in my case the FS1,2,3,4,5 buttons stay Red.

I am using it with an Amplifi75. Using latest firmware.

When I run the control App on an iPad I can see the different colours for Delay/ Stomp etc.

With my set up is there any way I can make the colours change on the FBV3?

Cheers Ted 

Hi Ted, FBV 3 is compatible with the Amplifi series but unfortunately only in function. All the footswitches will function properly, but you will not get the color coded LED rings, just the red as you have experienced. 

• 2 years later...

I purchased the FBV 3 to use with the Amplifi 150.  One of the selling points was that it was compatible with the 150. Compatibility should be that it changes colors the same as the Amplifi Remote App. This is key to the functionality of the FBV3 with the Amplifi 150 amp. When will there be a fix for this? 

• 7 months later...
On 4/4/2018 at 10:16 AM, StoneGunner said:

I have the Firehawk 1500 but my LEDs won't change on my FBV3 they stay Orange

Had same issue. 

Try plugging Fbv3 in when amp already turned on I'm assuming that board fires up faster than amp so assumes its not compatible