Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dt50 White Noise

swing_girl

I recently bought a DT50 112, love the sound and feel but the noise / hum when even nothing is plugged in is very annoying. It is about as loud as a window air conditioner working hard. Since I live in a place where the shops do not do exchange or refund, I have to live with it or sell it, which I don't want to as I like the sound. Is there any way to deal with this noise? I am plugging it in the wall with no other electric appliances nearby.

I changed the 12AX7s in my DT50 to using a GT-SAGAX7 for the inverter and a Mesa SPAX7 for the buffer...Dramatic difference. I have not had very good luck with those EH 12AX7s that come stock...They always seem to be quite noisy...At least the ones I have gotten have been.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but I recently bought a DT50 112 online as the price was fantastic. It did have quite a bit of white noise, especially on the British Chime configuration, class A, no negative feedback loop. I found that channel unplayable. Read this thread and got around to finally changing the 12AX7s (Russian Electroharmonix) to basic Slovakian JJs ECC83s (Tesla remake). Made a nice difference - won't say it was a huge difference, but brought the noise to a reasonable level. I've attached a picture showing the before and after noise level taken with my iphone - the impact is clear.

post-2155336-0-82113500-1425655466_thumb.png