Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Flextone III Plus External cabinet booming noise

Hi,

I decided to try the stereo features of the amp so I bought a Celestion 75 watts 8 ohms (Same size, same specs) in order to connect it to the "Right Speaker Output" as it is instructed on the label. 

Right when I switch on the amp an extremely loud booming noise came out of the new speaker, like a massive "TOOOOOTH" noise much louder than the sound that was coming out from the Flextone combo itself.

I have tried to connect the same speaker (the new one) to the "Left Speaker Output" and everything is normal: the internal speaker goes off and the amp feeds the external one.

I even swaped the internal speaker with the new one and it works fine inside the amp. And, of course, the original speaker does exactly the same noise when connected to the "Right Speaker Output". Which leads me to wonder, what the hell of a signal is coming out from that output?

I have tried as well to connect a150 watts 8 ohms cone from another cabinet and the output is "normal", is obiously not what I want because the sound is much louder and mid-tone than the internal speaker so no good for my stereo field plan.

Any ideas of what's going wrong?

Thanks