Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

funny! you can still hardly find a Helix in stock online!

glideman

I thought the mania might have died of enough for supply to catch up to demand by now. LoL! I think Sweetwater has the Rack and pedal in stock, but I checked there and several others for the floor unit, and heck no... June 15th estimates for stock arrival.

I'm sure glad I bit the bullet a long time ago. Shudder to think if it broke, though. Might pick up an AX-8 eventually to have as a backup and an occupational change of pace... Either that or a second Helix. Hehe.

• Upvote 1

Well who'd have thought? You'd think that the cheaper modelers they offer would sell better than the most expensive one. But no. They can't keep the most expensive model in stock. Thanks, Yamaha, for giving Line 6 the kick in the pants it had needed for many years. Since I sold the XTLive many years ago, I'd given their products a very wide berth. Never thought I'd see myself owning one again... But here I am now with the mighty Helix... And boy am I glad to have it.

• Upvote 3

The only store in the UK reporting any Floor units in stock is DV247 - even the official Yamaha Store (yep owned by Yamaha) is out of the Floor.

The two big German retailers have them though

The last few things I have ordered from DV247 have all been shipped from Germany so I assume that is where their main warehouse is. I got my Helix from there at the beginning of December. I was checking a few sites daily and one morning they were showing three. I ordered mine and checked later that day and the others had gone too.

I just do not believe that Helix is a real high volume item at $1500.  Maybe higher than they predicted.  Hopefully the supply will improve soon.  Now that they have an editor I am ready to upgrade from my HD500x.  I am waiting for Sweetwater to have them in stock.

Here's a good deal for ya! (demo model $1,350)

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Helixd

Cool. I'd def buy a demo model to save a little cake. Gotta say though the HELIX isn't something I'd be comfortable buying on the secondary market, i.e. used from a private party. Too complicated/ sophisticated a piece of kit to buy w/o benefit of a warranty or some kind of manufactuer backup. 

Cool. I'd def buy a demo model to save a little cake. Gotta say though the HELIX isn't something I'd be comfortable buying on the secondary market, i.e. used from a private party. Too complicated/ sophisticated a piece of kit to buy w/o benefit of a warranty or some kind of manufactuer backup. 

I looked into this, and I believe the Helix warranty is transferable. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH before you count on that though :)

And just to say it, that's definitively NOT the case with Axe FX; their warranty is good only if purchased directly from them.

Thanks, Yamaha, for giving Line 6 the kick in the pants it had needed for many years.

Yamaha acquired Line 6 in January of 2014 and most of us found out a week before the public did. Helix's design was all but complete by then.

As supportive as Yamaha's been, Helix would've been exactly the same* with or without them. It's absolutely, positively a Line 6 product.

*Except for the Pac Man shortcut, which was one of their firmware guys' ideas.

I found the joystick, I'm still looking for the Pac Man shortcut

pacman.jpg

P.S, The actual Pac Man shortcut is when you move the cursor and reach the end of a Path, if you continue to move the cursor, you will end up at the beginning of the path.

seeya

Joe

• Upvote 1

Yamaha acquired Line 6 in January of 2014 and most of us found out a week before the public did. Helix's design was all but complete by then.

As supportive as Yamaha's been, Helix would've been exactly the same* with or without them. It's absolutely, positively a Line 6 product.

Well then, KUDOS, DL! I realize that it was a long time ago but there were three things that were deal breakers for me in the XTLive. Feel, the compressors and lastly the EQ. The Helix has the feel and EQ departments down but I think the compressors aren't quite there yet. It's a character thing for me. They still sound a little too "studio" and don't quite sound like a guitar compressor for my liking. I know. I'm just being picky.

I got the call this evening to let me know mine has arrived in to stock - I'll collect it in the morning :-)

A few other stores are advertising stock for end of May, so guessing there'll be a few around from today onwards in the UK. Wonder how long they'll stick around for?

• Upvote 1

They have been out of stock at Sweetwater long enough that I bet they will ship out their entire allocation when they get them.

Gotta agree 1000% on that one... LoL!

If they run a 36 month interest free financing, they won't have one in stock that's not claimed already for months.  LoL!

I did not order mine but I did their thing where they would email me when they are available.  I will order then and take my chances.  I don't like buying when supplies are short like this.  If I have a problem with it I could wait a long time for a replacement.

I ordered from SW when they were out of stock, and actually deferred delivery after the expected next arrival date, because I had to much going on then to give it a good test within the return period. They said they'd hold one, and at one point told me mine was sitting on a shelf waiting for me. When I didn't get a shipped notice around the agreed-on ship date, I pinged them, they told me they had had to give it to someone who got a defective unit, and I'd have to wait for the next batch. I suspect that was bs, they sold what they had in stock. That's the only time I've ever had anything even slightly funky happen with them, they're always great, and it's hard to blame them if they did just sell it, it's such a hot item.

If you wait until they're just sitting on a shelf somewhere, you could be waiting a long time, FWIW.

Like an earlier post here, I got one that had been returned to MF, but had to jump on it quickly.  Then, I had to stay on them to actually ship me the unit that I purchased after getting a backorder notice.  It was worth it for the 20% discount, free shipping , no tax.  The unit was in perfect shape.

• Upvote 1

Just saw an open box Helix on Musicians Friend website. Personally I'm still saving for one so not looking for one YET!

Just ordered this one.....thanks for the heads up!!!

Waiting for the fun to start!!

• Upvote 1

Just because you see one doesn't mean they have it. I ordered one i saw and then got put on a waiting list. Luckily mine shipped a few days later.

Glad that didn't happen to me CR!

Just received my tracking number via email. It's on the way....

I called a GC in Orlando out of the blue one day. They said they just got 2 in, and they would hold one for me until that evening. I drove an hour over to them right after work, and was lucky to get mine. One was sold 15 minutes after it came in, and the sales guy I talked to said his manager told them they could not hold mine because I didn't leave a deposit on it! Fortunately it was still there when I arrived.