Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Stereo out via XLR to PA

BobbyzumBerge

Love the tones I hear from my new FH 1500. Practiced with our band sending out from XLR R/L to PA system. Way too much Bass and muddy sounding. Disconnected and drove it hard to sound good but what is the suggested method to get these great sounds to the PA. Mic with sure 57 or XLR out? Need to know before we gig next week!

• Upvote 1

It's common to have to tweak your tones when changing listening environments, especially if the great tones you hear/designed were done using headphones, or using an amp as the speaker, or listening at low volume levels. Listening through a PA at gig volumes can sound dramatically different than listening at home under any of the above conditions. That's normal.

First, for output to PA make sure the Firehawk Output Mode is set to Line and that your presets are using cab/mic selections. Don't use just the amp with no cab.

After doing that if the PA system isn't able to compensate enough in its Channel EQ settings you will need to individually edit your tones in the Firehawk. It would be best to do this using the actual PA system you will be using at your gig.

Love the tones I hear from my new FH 1500. Practiced with our band sending out from XLR R/L to PA system. Way too much Bass and muddy sounding. Disconnected and drove it hard to sound good but what is the suggested method to get these great sounds to the PA. Mic with sure 57 or XLR out? Need to know before we gig next week!

Does the global EQ impact the XLR outputs?

Does the FH1500 have global EQ? I didn't see it described in the manual.

Yes, it does! Easiest way to access it is with the app - you have to be connected to the FH1500 to access it for some reason it won't load offline.

Click the menu, choose the output page, scroll down to the bottom

Firmware 1.20 fixes the issue with the routing of the external inputs to the main outs via a setting parameter. Not sure what else has been fixed, but the headphones are still mono unless you have something in the RIGHT main out socket.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...