Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

helix can be on-off multiple assignment of multiple blocking effects on the expression pedal?

fluido1964

helix can be on-off multiple assignment of multiple blocking effects on the expression pedal?
Using for years multi-effect Boss, I'm used to assign to the expression pedal, multiple parameters d 'effect in addition to the on / off commands.
(Even the old boss GT3 90s did it ...)
Possible that you could do on old pedal and not on this hyper-technological spaceship?

Helix can control up to 64 parameters with any min/max value (even reverse min/max value) from any combination of EXP 1 or EXP 2. The EXP Toe switch can be assigned to bypass/enable up to 8 blocks simultaneously.

If you're talking about heel bypass, no, Helix doesn't currently do this.

Thank you very much for the quick reply,
I managed to make multiple assignments and on / off switch only switches.
But I did not understand how to do this with the expression pedal.
They will try to find ways to assign on / off the blocks from the expression pedal.
My problem is that I do not speak inglish, (and I'm old ...), unfortunately the manuals in Italian is not currently available.
Large helix, easy and intuitive, virtually've already programmed without reading
the manual.
But for more complicated procedures, a technical explanation and the manual
indispensable.
Thanks again.

Helix can control up to 64 parameters with any min/max value (even reverse min/max value) from any combination of EXP 1 or EXP 2. The EXP Toe switch can be assigned to bypass/enable up to 8 blocks simultaneously.

If you're talking about heel bypass, no, Helix doesn't currently do this.

I like the way you answered that DI I am reading between the lines here..... "If you're talking about heel bypass, no, Helix doesn't currently do this."  ;) 

Thank you very much for the quick reply,

I managed to make multiple assignments and on / off switch only switches.

But I did not understand how to do this with the expression pedal.

They will try to find ways to assign on / off the blocks from the expression pedal.

My problem is that I do not speak inglish, (and I'm old ...), unfortunately the manuals in Italian is not currently available.

Large helix, easy and intuitive, virtually've already programmed without reading

the manual.

But for more complicated procedures, a technical explanation and the manual

indispensable.

Thanks again.

I'm not sure what you are saying here but you can use the toe switch of the EXP 1  to turn blocks on and off.... 

I play a Pink Floyd tribute, being the only guitarist on stage, I have to use many sounds, programmed to perfection in every detail. (I look like a dancer ...) With my previous multi effect, I always used the expression pedal to activate multiple parameters and assign the bypass of various blocks by lifting the foot (heel).
This way of programming, allow me a live management easier, (during a live, raise the expression pedal (heel) to make just four notes, with the assignment of multiple parameters and then bring it back into top position allowed me speed and confidence.
I guess I'll use a momentary switch to do this type of procedure.
To avoid putting in stomp mode every time, I will have to see only half of the helix Pacht ... a shame ...
I hope that we can with an update to resolve this lack in the future.
(All Roland boss can do ...)

I play a Pink Floyd tribute, being the only guitarist on stage, I have to use many sounds, programmed to perfection in every detail. (I look like a dancer ...) With my previous multi effect, I always used the expression pedal to activate multiple parameters and assign the bypass of various blocks by lifting the foot (heel).

This way of programming, allow me a live management easier, (during a live, raise the expression pedal (heel) to make just four notes, with the assignment of multiple parameters and then bring it back into top position allowed me speed and confidence.

I guess I'll use a momentary switch to do this type of procedure.

To avoid putting in stomp mode every time, I will have to see only half of the helix Pacht ... a shame ...

I hope that we can with an update to resolve this lack in the future.

(All Roland boss can do ...)

try putting in an a,b, split (add a volume block select it and move the joy stick down, this will create a second path) and put the volume pedal at the end of it and all the FX you want to control with the EXP before the volume block and bring the merge of the path back to the next spot after the a, b, y and that will do what you want

hope I explained that clearly

Thanks for your time, I try to decipher what you said (unfortunately I do not speak English) and technical translation with sowftware is a disaster ...
Thank you so much, you're a lovely person.

I apologize for the English translation, I hope that I did understand

Try This, I put the control as EXP 1 and used EXP 2 to prove there was no sound coming past the split. Just put what ever FX you want to control with the EXP in the path.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sastm3wewlax81i/EXP%20Control%20Path.hlx?dl=0

Exp 1 controls both a, b split and Merge mixer to get a true path if you don't do both it is a noticeable difference.

Thanks again for your time.
I have not been able to see if your advice works.
I prepare helix after this season of live concerts,
(Which for me starts next week).
I bought helix only for a week, I have a 5-hour repertoire,
it is impossible to plan everything in such a short time.
Keep in mind that in my old boss pedalboard, live use
32 banks of 4 patches and all with 8/16 control assignments in real time
expression pedal and control pedal.
(I am very crazy ...)
I also use on my electric guitar piezo bridge,
then the helix I must find a way to play simultaneously
acoustic and electric, (I think that with the microphonic input is possible
create 2 signal streams to do this).
I expected so much work, I am very fussy about sounds,
reproduce entire albums live pink floyd, with one guitar
It requires a lot of planning and concentration.
But I am confident of this helix

• Upvote 1