Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD 500X Amp help

Henry24foREVer

So about a year ago I bought a POD but I only really used it to play at home, and at church I would play with what they had there. But recently I'm going to have to start taking my stuff and I'm planning on buying a VOX AC30VR, and I keep hearing people say to connect the POD to an fx loop but last I heard the VOX doesn't have an fx loop. So my question is, would it be a good idea to connect the POD into the amp while also connecting it to the system in the church? Will I be hearing a different sound off the amp while the audience hears what should be heard from the POD?

Pretty much any PA system is going to have a much fuller range of response than a guitar amp because guitar speaker cabinets have a limited response range by design.  This is the reason many people have opted to use powered monitors rather than amps to ensure that what they are hearing is what's being sent out through the PA.

• Upvote 1

The other option is to run two signal paths. I have full amps right and pre's left then route left to DT amp and right to pa. 1/4 out to pa and LG link to DT.

You could run a simulated sound to the pa and a 'no amp' (if you like) signal to the Vox.

Takes a bit of tweaking though. We have a portable pa which was set up in my dining room for weeks while I tried to get the two sounds as I wanted (wife NOT happy!). If you are using fixed pa (I guess) you could set up near the board with you amp and play there. Very DSP heavy though so I had to cut effects down to a minimum (per patch).

Have Fun!

The reason I got a modeler is so I wouldn't need an amp.

Yet, I see so many people wanting to use amps with these things.

I don't get it either. Especially those hell-bent on the 4CM, and some tube amp that they adore, who then proceed to ignore the modeling altogether and just use it for a little delay and reverb. If you love your amp, great...more power to you. Get a couple of nice pedals and be done with it. Why spend money on something to only use 10% of what it can do?
  • Upvote 2

I don't get it either. Especially those hell-bent on the 4CM, and some tube amp that they adore, who then proceed to ignore the modeling altogether and just use it for a little delay and reverb. If you love your amp, great...more power to you. Get a couple of nice pedals and be done with it. Why spend money on something to only use 10% of what it can do?

Lol...gotta love Carlin. Many moons ago my old man gave me 2 or 3 of his albums (on vinyl), when he decided I was old enough to hear the "seven deadly words". Still have 'em. Good stuff. ;)

I believe it was the 7 dirty words, not deadly. They did not produce death when spoken. ;) :D   Had the album when it first came out. Always loved him.

Saw him live way back when. I think it was the late 80s. His stuff truly is timeless.

Haha. Seven words you can't say on television:

sht ps fk cnt ccksckr mthrfckr tts

Although some of those are no longer on the list, the idea behind that skit still holds true.

I got all of you beat...I latched onto George Carlin in the mid 1960's when he was doing his "hippie dippy weatherman" routine on the John Davidson TV show wearing a coat and tie with a nice respectable haircut.....

"Here's the pollen count....1,2,3,4,5" ;)