Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Reboot Problems Hd500

mtsprout

Hi all,

i know that this has been a topic that has been discussed ad infinitum around here, but I seem to be in a different quandary.

I flashed the firmware on my HD500 today - successfully, according to the Monkey - and now I am sometimes stuck in a reboot loop.

I can play through the POD for a while, and it's fine, then after a few minutes, it starts into a reboot loop.  Sometimes I can play for 15 minutes, then a reboot, then 10 minutes, then we're rebooting again.

I've flashed firmware from 2.02 to 2.10 and back again, and the problem persists.  I've done the left arrow hardware reset, I've done the right arrow reset, I've done the down arrow reset.  I've flashed and re-flashed, and I can seem to escape the boot loop.

I thought I might have a heat issue, or something like that, but if I leave it plugged in in safe mode, it stays on no problem.

I have been fighting this for hours and hours and hours and I am at the end of my rope.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am having the same issue. I am about to throw out my HD500. I have had the XT Live for 8 years....never ONE problem at all. I have had the HD500 since July.....probably about 30 reboot loops. I am afraid to gig with it. The power supply did go bad and I went to Guitar Center and bought a "Line 6" brand power supply. Still loops....arrrgghhhhh. I have flashed to 2.02 and then to 2.10....it still does it. I do admit, it happens only with the USB plugged in....I will try again this evening without the USB plugged in.

Opened asupport ticket with support. Hopefully they won't say "Send it in and we will charge you $200 to fix it". I only paid $370 used (100% presitne condition...in fact, looks like it was never out of the box).

I am having the same issue. I am about to throw out my HD500. I have had the XT Live for 8 years....never ONE problem at all. I have had the HD500 since July.....probably about 30 reboot loops. I am afraid to gig with it. The power supply did go bad and I went to Guitar Center and bought a "Line 6" brand power supply. Still loops....arrrgghhhhh. I have flashed to 2.02 and then to 2.10....it still does it. I do admit, it happens only with the USB plugged in....I will try again this evening without the USB plugged in.

Opened asupport ticket with support. Hopefully they won't say "Send it in and we will charge you $200 to fix it". I only paid $370 used (100% presitne condition...in fact, looks like it was never out of the box).

do a global reset and cal the pedal