Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

switching Patches of HD500X via Mainstage

volkili

Hi folks,

Apple's MainStage uses commands like "next patch", "previous patch", "next set" and "previous set" which can be triggered by midi commands. It is easy to set up the footswitches of Pod HD500X to send these midi commands to the computer. In my case I use midi command cc 106 for "previous set", cc107 for "next set" and so on.

Next step: I want to send a program change to select the right sound patch on HD500X according to the patch in MainStage. No problem to tell MainStage to send a midi program change for choosing the right patch. Works fine.

Next step: Set up a patch in HD500X with the appropriate sound. AND: Program the footswitches 1-4 to send out the commands for "next patch" and so on.

And here comes my problem: After having received the program change command the HD500X sends at first as default all midi commands assigned to the footswitches, which means it sends all the commands "next patch", "previous patch", "next set", "previous set" with value "0" at the same time. MainStage doesn't know what to do and switches any sets and patches up and down.

Is there any way to prevent the HD500X from sending out all footswitch midi commands immediately after receiving a program change???

I found a solution by myself:

I simply use a Note on/off command of very low notes instead of the cc commands. No notes are sent out at change of internal patch inside HD500X. This way there are no troubles switching back and forth of sets/patches in MainStage.