Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amp Switching with one switch

GasLantern

Curious. Is there a way to set one footswitch to toggle between to effects or amps? Essentially an Amp Switcher. I typically use 2 amps on a patch and right now I have to use two footswitches to toggle between the two (one is set clean, the other is driven) Is there a way to consildate it to one footswitch? So when the light is on, the clean amp is active and when the light is off it turns the driven amp on?

Seems like this would be a simple enough task, I may just be missing it.

If not, Line 6 People, please consider this feature in an update. It'd be super cool...

Assign both amps to whatever footswitch you want, manually press enter while an amp is highlighted to turn it off, assuming they're both on to begin with. The switch will now be like a toggle. Same deal with effects. The important part is turning one off manually.

• Upvote 1

Never tried it with amp switching but I have a live performance patch that is setup so when I step on 1 button it switches me between the compressor and the overdrive box. I never liked the hiss of a compressor still on when you switch on the overdrive or distortion, for one thing, and to my ear it makes the distortion sound grainy with compression running thru it. I can get the distortion box up in volume and more defined without the compressor in front of it being on. To do this with hardware you would need the compressor, the distortion, and add an A/B box! In HD, one button!! Too easy!