Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hi ! I found my old pod xt live , and I wanted to use it again ,so I updated it with a new account because I did not remember the old one , the thing is that I had two model packs , but now they are gone , I had the fx pack and the metal shop pack , what can I do to recover the packs? I cant remember the old account 

• 2 months later...

I had that happen to me also, i got a used one off guitar center and it had 3 model packs in it. When i got it i checked it out for a bit then i updated it tot he newest firmware because i know it can fix issues and i just like to keep everything current. It wrote over all 3 packs and i lost em.

Since i got it from guitar center the old user i couldnt contact to have him transfer the packs over to me.

Every time i boot it up it urks me that i may have some sounds im missing out on.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to hear about these situations.  For a little background:

- model packs already reside on your unit (assuming it has model pack options and has current flash memory).  A purchaser can assign the model pack code to a particular unit, unlocking access to the specific model pack.

- the  purchaser has control over how model packs can be assigned, and can move them between applicable units (i.e. from an XT bean to rack unit)

- model packs are the "software property" of the OP, meaning that if a owner "recalls" the model packs they will go back to the purchasing account the next time the unit in question is connected to Line 6 Monkey. 

- the only way a person can "transfer ownership" of models packs is to give the new person access to their Line 6 account. 

probably not going to solve either of the situations described above, but hopefully clarifies some of the questions that may arise.

''If'' you have your old email addy Line 6 might be able to use that or the XT's reg # to find your old account.

Go up top and follow the Support link and shoot them an email.

The XTL did come with a free pack IIRC - Power Pack?

Keep hope alive :)

-B

- the only way a person can "transfer ownership" of models packs is to give the new person access to their Line 6 account. 

I would disagree with that statement, as I believe that you can "gift" a model pack to someone, with just their email address or account username.

Accessed through "My Account" (Support / Account Services / My Account).

I would disagree with that statement, as I believe that you can "gift" a model pack to someone, with just their email address or account username.

Accessed through "My Account" (Support / Account Services / My Account).

I believe you are correct to an extent. If you bought them on sale you couldn't gift them but if it was a direct purchase not on sale you could (at least one time) gift them. It has been a number of years since I ran into that issue but I think that is how it went.

+1 to Skybone - back when I was in CS there was no way to "gift" model packs, I stand corrected - thanks for clarifying!

re: what model packs came with what - there was the "basic" set that came with the guitarport & Toneport series.  The XT series came with the "power pack" already installed (not able to transfer out).  the XT Live also had the "FX Junkie" model pack "hard-installed" as well. 

• 1 month later...

#1 - you had to have purchased the model packs at some point in time. Some people sell the XTL's with the model packs loaded but never transfer the license for them (not saying you didn't buy them but just in case you didn't know).

#2 - if you bought the model packs they are tied to your user account (you got an email sometime in the past from L6 saying "thanks").

#3 - connect the XTL to your computer, start the L6 License Manager and authorize the XTL to use the model packs.

If things still are not working then Support Ticket is your way to go.

-B

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

I bought all 3 model packs after i deleted them when i got my XT pro.

If i were to buy a used XTlive off craigslist can i put the 3 packs that i bought for my XT pro on the XTlive or will i have to buy them all over again?

Ofcorse it will have a different serial # or product ID or what ever but ide like to be able to transfer the patches ive created from the studio unit to the floor model when i take it out.

When you bought the model packs they were assigned to your user account. So as long as you still have that account they will be linked to it and you will be able to authorized your XTL via the License Manager for the activation. The packs can be used on 3-4 devices IIRC.