Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I have wasted almost 3 years trying to get my UX2 to work.

• 5 months later...

hey did you ever figure out how to fix this? my ux2 has been great for the last 6 months and up to about 2 or 3 weeks ago it has been doing the same thing where when im not recording and just hearing the live realtime audio from podfarm it sounds clear and crystal even with effects.. but when i track the audio is muddy, crackly and sounds almost downed tuned. in other words the audio is basically broken. ive tried new cables whether it be the usb or my guitar and mic cables. sometimes it fixes its self when i re authorize it but at this point i fear its just coincidence. live audio feed is fine but any audio that gets streamed directly into any daw or even voice chat i use is just bad

• 6 months later...

I am disappointed with sound quality as well, i'm using toneport ux2, on pod farm 1 playing quality in my ears is lower thern in pod farm 2 but pod farm 2 is limited for "toneports" but recordings are muddy, i am using a free Audacity for recording, previusly i been recording on my looper, chineese nux, and sound quality from nux compering to podfarm/audacity is like between 64kb and 128kb in mp3
altough my looper saves files in wave.

Is there sagnificant different it sound quality between tone port and pod studio ?

There should be no diffence in sound/recording quaility between the Toneport, POD Studio PF1, and PF2.

As Mike mentioned, Audacity does not support ASIO out of the box, but you can compile it to include ASIO support, you can check their wiki.

IMHO you are better off with a more robust DAW, Reaper is on of many and the trial is free.

Also, if you did ant to upgrade to PF2, you can with your Toneport, but depending on the price you may be better off purchasing a POD Studio.

• 4 years later...

Forget all that garbage. The answer is your not going to get a good recording with a UX2. the key is the pre-amps . trust me I have experimented with all sorts of equipment, most of which I still own and I have not been able to acomplish a good quality recording on any of it until I shelled out the bucks for a high Quality mixer. Namely Personus 32ai   . And then there's the DAWs junk junk junk. Save your money on all those name brand money hungry junkies and go with Reaper. People laugh but Ive had better luck with that than Cubase which cost me hundreds. Hope I can help all those other people save thier hard earned bucks from these highway robbers that don't want you to succeed but spend more and more on their junk.