Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I'm so lost with my new FBV3 (Pod HD)

Got my new FBV3 for the Pod HD I recently purchased second hand to replace a broken Pod XT Live. It works, I guess. I can see the name of the patch and change bank and patch but other than that, I have no idea how to work with this device and the documentation that came with it is no big help.

First of all, how do I get the Pod HD Edit application to see this thing? Or do I need to have both the Pod and the FBV connected via USB to be able to edit my patches?

None of the FS1-FS5 have any lights, the expression peadal won't adjust volume or function as wah and I have no idea how to assign anything to these. Do I need to download something via Monkey?

The POD HD Edit program should 'see' the POD HD device when it is connected via USB and when the Line 6 driver is installed (Monkey can help you with this if you haven't yet done it). You can use either the Edit program or the HD device itself to edit your patches, including assigning footswitches and control VOL and WAH functions, as documented in the POD HD and POD HD Edit manuals. The Edit program will not see or have any interaction with the FBV3.

The FBV3 is just a controller for the POD HD. It is connected to the POD via an Ethernet-type RJ-45 cable that should have come with the FBV3.You should not have to do any programming or fiddling with the FBV3 - it's default settings should be fully compatible with the POD HD device. Once connected it will recognize and respond to the footswitch and pedal assignments that you have made in the associated patch on the POD HD. The FBV3 itself does not contain any patches.

Maybe this is what you're missing.... from the FBV3 Pilot's Guide page (2nd page after the safety instructions). This does mention FBV presets but they are different from the POD HD patches/presets. I am not familiar with the new FBV3 nor its control application so maybe others can help you with further questions.

Line 6 FBV Control Application Installation

If you plan on using your FBV 3 to control software on your Mac or Windows computer, then you’ll also want to install

the latest Line 6 FBV Control application. This free software provides you with the ability to create, load, edit and store FBV

presets - full sets of customized MIDI controller configurations - all in an easy-to-use application!

The FBV Control App can be downloaded from line6.com/software

Just little more help needed: Is the FS1 always dedicated to the looper mode? When I put an effect to FS1 in Edit, it will be assigned to FS2 in FBV, FS2 to FS3 and so on.

Also I get no lights on FS1-FS6 at all. Some say that color lights are only available with a certain amp but I don't even get red and have to rely on Edit or Pod HD display to see if the effect is on or off.

This FBV3 is clearly not fully ready to release to the Line6 customer base it was announced to on the Line6 website. How can documentation be so incomplete for all the L6 products that were listed for it? We're seeing more basic functionality questions from customers who bought it that should have been tested and discussed by front line L6 staff before causing this kind of confusion among early adopters. Maybe they did, but they're not in charge of steering the boat?

• Upvote 1

• 3 years later...
On 5/31/2016 at 5:21 AM, napynap said:

This FBV3 is clearly not fully ready to release to the Line6 customer base it was announced to on the Line6 website. How can documentation be so incomplete for all the L6 products that were listed for it? We're seeing more basic functionality questions from customers who bought it that should have been tested and discussed by front line L6 staff before causing this kind of confusion among early adopters. Maybe they did, but they're not in charge of steering the boat?

Yeah its rediculous! I had a GT100, I spend my hard earned dollars to buy the POD HD, got the mkII, it was worthless, then the FBV3, then realized its a POS, because you cant see the display AT ALL during daylight hours. So now I cant play live during the day. If i Would have known this, I Never would have purchased either unit. A waste of 800.00 bucks, but Im gonna raise some hell. I feel like I was clearly ripped off!