Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

SPDIF Input

francisb

Hi,

I'm trying to set my Kemper, so I send the Send 1 as Instrument and received from the Kemper the SPDIF output. So the send part works, but I cannot figure out how to activate SPDIF as input of path 2. In Helix Edit the option is not showing up, any clues?

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm trying to set my Kemper, so I send the Send 1 as Instrument and received from the Kemper the SPDIF output. So the send part works, but I cannot figure out how to activate SPDIF as input of path 2. In Helix Edit the option is not showing up, any clues?

Thanks.

The solution is to select something like Guitar, Aux, Mic, etc., anything other than Variax or Multi for your other input blocks.  You will then be able to select S/PDIF for the targeted input block.  

I believe the entry below from page 20 of the Helix manual will explain the source of the issue you are experiencing. If you have Variax, or Multi which includes Variax, selected as the input in any input block in the preset, then you will not be able to select S/PDIF in any other input block. I am assuming this is probably because the digital Variax input protocol differs from S/PDIF and you only get a choice of one digital input protocol type per preset. Here is the entry from the Helix manual:

S/PDIF  (page 20 of manual)
S/PDIF digital in only. If a Variax input (or Multi input, which includes Variax) exists on another Input block within the preset, S/PDIF in will be non-selectable.