Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk FX is abandoned

HMPoweredMan

Cool! but what are they? 

"Various bug fixes and improvements"

Guessing its no new 'features' worth mentioning. Is there anywhere in Line 6 support where it talks specifics about what bugs or optimizations were done?

• Upvote 1

v1.30 downloaded fine. First thing I noticed was there is more amp models. Looks like it might be a very nice update!

Wow....wouldn't that be significant enough to post in the release notes? Do you know off hand which ones are new?

Well I checked the old list and my bad. I don't see anything new for amps. Guess it's been awhile since I got in there and looked.

Sorry about that!

Geez! Way to let a guy down :P

• Upvote 1

Geez! Way to let a guy down :P

Tell me about it! I thought we had something here! Well the install went well anyhow. I haven't seen any difference in the operation of the unit other than it has obviously produced wishful thinking!

Tell me about it! I thought we had something here! Well the install went well anyhow. I haven't seen any difference in the operation of the unit other than it has obviously produced wishful thinking!

Ya seriously. Maybe its not TOTALLY dead!!!

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Am updtaed etc but still spend too much time trying to Sync my iphone with the Firehawk.My Mac sees the FH so the signal is there but connexion to the phone... Jesus and I bought it for that reason.

Anyone got a permanent fix????

It sounds like an issue with your phone if your Mac can see it.  Have you got all updates installed on your phone?

Also, bear in mind that the FH cannot connect to two devices at the same time.  When you switch it on, the FH is likely to automatically connect to the Mac so when you try to connect with your phone, it won't let you.  Try making sure there are no other devices with bluetooth switched on when you connect your phone..

Mac is not paired withe the FH. Mac sees phone ;sees FH, iphone connects when it's in the mood. Have tried all suggestions found on the forum so far to no avail.

Spoils the experience for me, that and the fact that I can't see the display when playing outdoors as most of our gigs are in the summer. That rather sucks as our us friends say.

Have you tried resetting the FH (press and hold master volume knob and tap button when switching on)?

If that doesn't help, I would suggest opening a support ticket.  It may be a faulty unit/bluetooth module.

Out of interest, does the FH work okay apart from that (ie plays okay on factory settings)?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I somewhat agree with the OP i should have waited but I bought the firehawk with the hope of some changes and upgrades.I really would like a pc editor and some new amps.Ok before people say im a hater I own the firehawk of course the pod bean I bought my son amplfi tt and a helix LT. I love the helix it the first line 6 I bought since that red pod bean that has imo great patches out the box.The pod bean really didnt but it had the pc editor but the fire hawk bluetooth tablet use is just good for quick fix but I just really would like to sit at my computer and dig into it more.With all that being said I still have all 3 and I have the fx hooked up to some monitors and 4cm to my peavey delta blues amp and its does sound good,I just wish it had a pc editor I think that would make alot of people happy.But dor now Ill be using this alot.

post-800578-0-14964200-1503577231_thumb.jpg

That's a sweet rig you've got there.  But I can't see the FHFX in all that...

it on the other side of my room hooked up to roland vdrums speakers and 4cm to mu peavey delta blues.Im messing with the helix more now but I turn on my firehawk and play with it but once again adjusting things from my table is a bit of a bummer I rather use a pc software.

• 1 month later...

I'm considering the Firehawk FX at it's current sale price but I'm concerned with future support. After seeing so many people complaining about Line 6 support and so many used units for sale, I'm hesitant, though I take the complaints with a grain of salt. 

I'm not concerned about future updates to features, but I AM concerned with future compatibility with my mobile device. If I buy the latest iPhone or update my iPhone to a newer iOS version in the future, will I inadvertently give up my ability to edit my FH via mobile device?

Can someone give me some warm fuzzy feelings about the future of the FH so "my kids can buy me an early Christmas gift?"  ;)

I'm considering the Firehawk FX at it's current sale price but I'm concerned with future support. After seeing so many people complaining about Line 6 support and so many used units for sale, I'm hesitant, though I take the complaints with a grain of salt. 

I'm not concerned about future updates to features, but I AM concerned with future compatibility with my mobile device. If I buy the latest iPhone or update my iPhone to a newer iOS version in the future, will I inadvertently give up my ability to edit my FH via mobile device?

Can someone give me some warm fuzzy feelings about the future of the FH so "my kids can buy me an early Christmas gift?"  ;)

im sorry but imo opinion I rather save or make monthly payments if you live in the US at zzsounds and get a helix LT or original.I have the firehawk and Im just looking to get rid of it,it was an impulse buy on my part and not a good fit for me.Since i bought the helix i really havent played it much at all.just my opinion but I think you will enjoy the helix alot more.P/S I got mine a zzsounds 84.00 month for 12 months

Thanks, cgar. I'm not in the market for something as powerful as the helix. I'm just getting back into playing after a 12 year hiatus and making the jump up from an original zoom505 with a broken footswitch button. I don't intend on gigging with my guitar(my primary instrument is keys) and even considered just using pc plug-ins, but the ease of use promised with the FH is what is drawing me to it. Is there something you don't like about the Firehawk or do you just not have use for it because you own a helix?

I would appreciate if a line 6 expert could give some insight into the longevity of the app or how I can ensure that I will get years of use out of the FH. I guess the worst case scenario is that I would have to maintain an old mobile device for use with the FH should the app get abandoned.

I would appreciate if a line 6 expert could give some insight into the longevity of the app or how I can ensure that I will get years of use out of the FH. I guess the worst case scenario is that I would have to maintain an old mobile device for use with the FH should the app get abandoned.

Sorry but we're not able to do that. We are not Line 6 employees and in most cases we have no inside information about product plans. Sometimes we are provided with some information but in those cases we are constrained by non-disclosure agreements. So in all cases our public response has to be .... I know nothing.

You are right about the worst case situation - maintain an old mobile device without upgrading to a new OS in the event that the app is no longer supported under the new OS.

Thanks, cgar. I'm not in the market for something as powerful as the helix. I'm just getting back into playing after a 12 year hiatus and making the jump up from an original zoom505 with a broken footswitch button. I don't intend on gigging with my guitar(my primary instrument is keys) and even considered just using pc plug-ins, but the ease of use promised with the FH is what is drawing me to it. Is there something you don't like about the Firehawk or do you just not have use for it because you own a helix?

The tablet bluetooth part was something i never liked I wish it had a pc editor.THe sounds are ok I was happier with my pod and the helix is just the best out of all,that is what I use mainly.If I was you I would try a hd 500 first before a firehawk.

I like the guy above am considering the Firehawk as a Christmas present from my wife and son this year. I’ve done a ton of research on it and am happy with what I have seen in videos and most of what I have heard from people on it. I’m not looking for any software update on it as I understand it pretty much is what it is at this point. My concern comes in here, where I tend to use a good bit of delay and reverb to create ambience in a lot of my tones, and a lot of people are saying there is a noticeable sound when changing patches with delays. I’ve been using a DiviTech RP1000 and it sounds fine for most of what I do, and has no issue with changing delays. Did the most recent update clear any of the latency issues up or is it still an issue and if so how noticeable is it in a live setting?

• 1 month later...

I agree with the O.P. It seems like there were two completely different 'teams' developing the FH and the Helix, and although the FH made it to the finish line first, it's obvious that the Helix is the favourite child. The fact that there is no desktop editor to begin with is questionable enough. The fact that they haven't provided one since it's release is unforgivable. The BT connect though novel, is plagued by connectivity issues, and its limitations become apparent after some extended use. The Android editor is terrible. Just doesn't provide a top notch editing environment. There are many Line 6 apologists out there who seem to want to force people to have a positive opinion about this paperweight, but when 75% of the effects are unusable, niche nonsense, I really don't care to have one of their fanboys tell me I should be happy or should have done more pre-purchase research. One cannot properly assess a piece of gear with so many variables and options while sitting in a music store; it either has quality built in that will be supported for years or it is a schticky, gimmicky P.O.S. that will die a quick death. I have been burned twice by Line 6 now, once when the Flextone III was released many years ago and now by the Firehawk FX. In this ballgame, its two strikes and you're out, I will never support this corporation again.With new generation processors where everything in them is upgradable and done via software, stagnation of support is a direct affront to the customer base and shows how little Line 6 cares unless you dole out a small fortune for their flagship product. Until they release the next one. They are a s bad as Apple with their iPhones.

I think you're not fair !

Of course, FH FX has got limitations and some defect, nevertheless, i don't understand the reason to compare the Helix vs the FH.....They don't play in the same category.

I can admit a comparison between the HD500X and the FHFX that aims the same target with a different philosophy.

On one hand, you don't want to tweak passing by your computer, you choose the FHFX, on the other one, you want something more flexible and want to work with your computer, you choose the HD.

I had the Firehawk and i liked it. I had no problem with the BT connection and i could obtain really good sounds. It was really a good device that asked me to learn how to tweak the different parameters to have the sound i wanted. Yes, it's not a plug and play, it needs time to see how it works and it's not easy to change the parameters directly on the device.

Today, I have a Helix and the FH helped me to learn how to build a sound chain. I enough have some sounds i found fantastic that i'm not able to repoduce yet in the Helix.

I like the guy above am considering the Firehawk as a Christmas present from my wife and son this year. I’ve done a ton of research on it and am happy with what I have seen in videos and most of what I have heard from people on it. I’m not looking for any software update on it as I understand it pretty much is what it is at this point. My concern comes in here, where I tend to use a good bit of delay and reverb to create ambience in a lot of my tones, and a lot of people are saying there is a noticeable sound when changing patches with delays. I’ve been using a DiviTech RP1000 and it sounds fine for most of what I do, and has no issue with changing delays. Did the most recent update clear any of the latency issues up or is it still an issue and if so how noticeable is it in a live setting?

I've had my FHFX for 18 months.  I like the FHFX and enjoy building and tweaking patches.  I like the ipad app and I find it easy to use. My FHFX is nowhere near a pc so I don't miss the fact that there is no pc editor.  If that's what I wanted, I would have gone down the HD500X route.

I would like to see some more updates - I want them to add more amps and effects but that probably won't happen.  Do your research first so you know what you're getting into.  If you are happy with what the FHFX has to offer then now would be the best time to do it.  In the UK they have been reduced to £249 which is £100 cheaper than the HD500X.

Best of luck and Merry Christmas.

I think you're not fair !

Of course, FH FX has got limitations and some defect, nevertheless, i don't understand the reason to compare the Helix vs the FH.....They don't play in the same category.

I can admit a comparison between the HD500X and the FHFX that aims the same target with a different philosophy.

On one hand, you don't want to tweak passing by your computer, you choose the FHFX, on the other one, you want something more flexible and want to work with your computer, you choose the HD.

Listen, I am glad you have had a positive experience, but 'fair' has nothing to do with it. They have released an incomplete and imperfect product to market almost like they did little or no beta testing, just ram them out there and make profit. They are in the same category in that they are both multi-effects units. And to stand by and not say anything while a company releases a poor piece of equipment and has almost no tech support for it, to say nothing or defend them is asinine. Take the Smart Harmonizer HD model on other Line 6 products vs the FH. Sound is okay on Pod HD, awesome on the Helix but is completely unusable on the FH, it doesn't track well, the notes sound all garbled and crappy. Or any of the modulators, especially the 'experimental' ones, all trash. This was basically a product designed to have the Helix look, but has nothing under the hood, which is exactly what you said you did, got hooked in to the FH then upgraded to the Helix. I would rather they had sold it with less effects and models, but all quality sounding. Instead, they jammed it full of crap effects and unstable electronics. I stand by my comment, Line 6, unless you take out a second mortgage for the Helix, is a company selling products that appeal to teenagers in their bedrooms, to be an actual practising musician attempting to gig with any of this junk it playing Russian Roulette. Never again. Line 6 will never get another dollar from me. That is my experience and I was a Line 6 early adopter, I wanted to love this company. But the real world disappointment they deliver cannot be ignored. That is my opinion.

I don't think I'll buy another Line 6 product, especially not the Helix for way too much.  I like the sound I get, but changing presets is still too slow.  The 1.30 helped some, but not enough.  My band mates HD500 changes sounds almost instantly.  I feel like the Firehawk was the cash cow for Helix.

I know you can't please everybody, but showing some effort to correct some of these issues would be nice.  I'm considering a Headrush.

• Upvote 1