Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

podhd500x sound help

janjanives

Hey guys :) all of ur support were very helpful.. 
My question is: How can I make the sound of my guitar last longer when doing the lead.. cause when I try to do a lead and play or press the last/ higer notes.. the sound doesnt last for a long time.. 

That's referred to as 'sustain' and you can add sustain a couple of different ways depending on what you want to do.  Generally speaking any of the distortion pedals will add sustain.  How much sustain depends typically on the Drive parameter of the pedal.  But that may also add too much distortion.  The Tube Screamer is a pretty good pedal for adding sustain and controlling the distortion.  Another way is to use a compressor pedal if you don't want to change the tone of the guitar that much.

If the action is fine, check the pickup height. If they're too close to the strings, the magnetics will kill sustain. I've got mine set so that when a string is pressed at the 24th fret, the space between the bottom of the string and the top of the pickup is about 2mm or so.

Also, on the technique side, use vibrato to help continue a note's life. If the vibrato is intense enough you could even keep it going for eternity if you possess the physical endurance.

On the guitar itself, make certain there is nothing loosely flopping around, like a loose tremolo arm.

the top of the pickup is about 2mm or so.

Is that distance for active or passive pickup? 

I start at the thickness of 2 quarters, which the web tells me is 3.5mm. 

And then fine tune from there. Usually closer for active and further for passive. 

Is that distance for active or passive pickup? 

I start at the thickness of 2 quarters, which the web tells me is 3.5mm. 

And then fine tune from there. Usually closer for active and further for passive. 

Passive.