Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

All about dat bass

electricfactory

Did you see this post:

http://line6.com/support/topic/20704-ampeg-b15n-vs-helix-tuckn-go/

mileskb has "couple of B15N's", which he compared to the Helix Tuck 'N Go model, and in his opinion the Helix version is as good or better. He posted a SoundCloud link to a comparison, but it's messed up now, for me.

In any case, I'd certainly start with the Helix model of the amp you'd like to emulate :)

And props to Mr Jamerson BTW, just the best. Check this:

Don't know how that track was made, but it feels like it's for real.

Just to say it, the amp sound on that iso track may or not be what you're looking for in 2016, it's pretty dirty. Hard to hear if that's what's really there in the full track, but if so, just goes to show what you can get away with if the overall track feels good.

Yeah the experiment I did was to compare the Real to the Model.   For the above "tone" I think just cutting back the high-end and add a tinge of gain or distortion from the TS808 that's in the factory patch, and you'd be almost on it.  The guitar you are using and playing style is going to have an affect on the track as well of course.