Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Update firmware on FBV 3?

It appears that there is a new firmware update for the FBV 3 (http://line6.com/software/index.html)  1.01.00.  I've downloaded the file and have what I believe is the latest version of Line 6 Monkey (1.72).   Line 6 Monkey doesn't seem to have any menu options specific to the FBV 3.  How the #!$% do you update the firmware? I've tried to select the FBV shortboard Mrk II, but that always fails.

Any suggestions?  Are we stuck waiting for an update to Monkey to get updates on our gear?

Thanks!

It seems this product still needs updates on many parts. Pod HD cannot use the FS1-FS5 lights on it and Edit puts the controls on wrong FS buttons.

So I figured there needs to be an update to at least Pod HD firmware, HD Edit and FBV3 before I can properly use these together. Of course Monkey update is needed too since as you say, it cannot even recognize FBV3 at the moment to update the firmware.

Thanks Joseff77. That did it. Would be nice if Line 6 did a better job of explaining the process to those of us new to hardware.  This wasn't covered in the Pilot's guide and the entry I saw in my previous link was just the one for the file, seems like they could have a comment with the file downloads saying "You will need the Line 6 updater App"...with a direct link.  Not that hard.

Thanks again.

Thanks Joseff77. That did it. Would be nice if Line 6 did a better job of explaining the process to those of us new to hardware.  This wasn't covered in the Pilot's guide and the entry I saw in my previous link was just the one for the file, seems like they could have a comment with the file downloads saying "You will need the Line 6 updater App"...with a direct link.  Not that hard.

Thanks again.

So, how's the update? Was some of the issues (lights, their color) fixed?

I can't update my fbv 3 with the line 6 updater, the programm doesn't show me any device i don't understand...

Did your FBV3 power on and show it's firmware version on the display when you plugged it to the USB on your computer?

Did your FBV3 power on and show it's firmware version on the display when you plugged it to the USB on your computer?

Yes it works perfectly, Fbv 3 V1.00.00

And i can find the device on the audio device on windows.

i wanna update my fbv 3 cause the screen doesn't show me the name of the tone i'm using on my spider jam. so i have to check the spider jam screen to see which tone i'm using.

Maybe i should erase the driver of the fbv 3, i've tried it but doesn't seem to work

And FBV 3 isn't on the device list on line 6 monkey. this and the lack of information on how to use the product with the pilot guide...

it's a little hard to take this product in hand.

UPDATE : I can now update the firmware, don't know why it doesn't detect it before... I will see if i can see my tone on the screen, the led color function isn't working too but i've read that it only works for Firehawk 1500 for the moment, i'm hoping for and update solving this issue. I've choosed this product because it was only 25€ more than the shortboard express MK II on music store and i though the led color was a great extra but for the moment it's a false advertise...

Finally the installation was stuck during 3 hours, i decided to stop it, so it's still in his version 1.00.00. I've tried to restart and now it doesn't detect anymore again my device on line 6 updater...

does someone know the way to apply the firmware manually as i've downloaded it ?

This whole thing is getting me crazy ...

The only advice I can give you is to not update your FBV3 ...

I tried to update mine and nothing happened.

The version was shown on the screen and the update was still ongoing on updating software line6 but progress had been over for one hour ...

So I decided to stop the update because of the blocked status.

My FBV3 stopped working and I had to return it to the after sales service !!  :angry:

Is anyone did the update successfully ???

I actually donwloaded the Firmware v1.01.00 to my Laptop and then used the Line6 Updater in offline mode (no Internet Connection in our rehearsel room anyway). Actually worked very smoothly - took about 1-2 min for the update until the Line 6 Updater showed that the update is finished. FBV3 shows the new Firmware Version during boot up and everything is fine (including FS1-5 LEDs and Vol/Wah LEDs working - just red, not multi-Color but at least something - also the stability seems to be massively improved).

I actually donwloaded the Firmware v1.01.00 to my Laptop and then used the Line6 Updater in offline mode (no Internet Connection in our rehearsel room anyway). Actually worked very smoothly - took about 1-2 min for the update until the Line 6 Updater showed that the update is finished. FBV3 shows the new Firmware Version during boot up and everything is fine (including FS1-5 LEDs and Vol/Wah LEDs working - just red, not multi-Color but at least something - also the stability seems to be massively improved).

it's easier this way to start the update but i still got the same issue, the update is endless can't apply this firmware. may i should try on another computer or smoheting like this ? don't understand why it doesn't apply the firmware while doing everything in the rules... 

is there a way to reset original parameters ?

• 3 years later...

Hello, I just got a FBV3 foot Controller and I am totally new to it. Can anyone confirm if Line6 has release update for the Sysex function in FBV3 ?  I am planning to use it to control Axe FM3 in the future. Or would appreciate if there is any way around that I don't know of. Sorry if I sound total dumb but it's a new territory for me