Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

FBV3 update issue

Hi,

I've tried to update my FBV3 with lin6 updater software.
Unfortunately the update has never finished and I had to close the line6 updater software.
Now my FBV3 no longer works ... When I plug it into my Firehawk 1500, nothing happens.

Is there a way to bring it back to life ? Please help me, I am desesperate.
Thanks everybody.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have not updated the FBV 3 - mine just arrived in the main today.

It claims it works with the Spider Valve Mkii. It keeps losing power, not working, not switching, volume issues. Updated Spider Valve Mkii 212 to the latest 2.0 software - still the same problem. It won't even turn on half the time.

I'm still on 1.0. Not sure if I got a bad unit or what?

Another weird note (this is on the V 1.0 software). If I even so much as connect the USB, the unit shuts off! I know you can't update the Spider Valve Mkii with the FBV 3, but how are you supposed to update the FBV itself if it turns off when you connect a USB! Line 6, what the heck is going on?!

Sorry for the double post.

An update:

I called Zzounds (where I ordered the FBV 3) and they agreed that the FBV 3 should work, but I'll be exchanging it for a new one.

However, afterwards I called Line 6 and they told me it was a firmware issue (in regard to the backward compatibility with things like the Line 6 Spider Valve Mkii). I updated (there were no problems locating the device or updating it) - it had to be plugged direct into the USB port of a computer (not to the hub, which they told me doesn't give enough power, just an FYI for those of you having trouble updating).

I'm still experiencing the same issues as before - even worse, actually. It won't even turn on unless I turn the amplifier on and off several times and wait a few minutes and I cannot get any foot switching to occur. If you hit any of the FS1 - FS5 switches - it shows some strange error of FBV 2 and asterisks and other characters. Although I'm going to attempt exchanging the unit in the slight chance it's defective, given the fact that it updated successfully, my guess is that the FBV 3 is not compatible with the Spider Valve Mkii, and there may be potential issues with older devices.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...