Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Repair solution for JTV-69

My JTV69 freezes the HD500 ON POWERING UP when connected via VDI. If I insert a TRS Jack in the guitar at the same time the VDI cable is connected and power up, then everything works as normal. I can then remove the jack off the guitar and all is good.

The other way to start up is to first switch on the HD500, then to plug in the JTV 69 via the VDI cable.

I am wondering if someone has solved this problem.

My hope would be that maybe it's to do with one of the capacitors on the board of the JTV as if that's the case, I could be replacing it myself.

I know it is to do with the JTV an not the HD500, because I tried it with a friend's JTV Standard and the HD500 worked fine.

Can someone please comment on this? Hopefully a tech guy?

Thanks.

Try removing the Battery from the Tyler Variax.

With my JTV-59 / JTV-69,  I use only the Line-6 VDI Ethercon cable connection with my Helix  or HD500X, or FirehawkFX  - no problems  

You didn't mention if it was the same patch or if it was any patch when you start up. If always with the same patch, maybe a problem with the patch initializing the guitar? Just a thought to try a different patch?

Dave

Try removing the Battery from the Tyler Variax.

With my JTV-59 / JTV-69,  I use only the Line-6 VDI Ethercon cable connection with my Helix  or HD500X, or FirehawkFX  - no problems

No change if the battery is removed.

You didn't mention if it was the same patch or if it was any patch when you start up. If always with the same patch, maybe a problem with the patch initializing the guitar? Just a thought to try a different patch?

Dave

It happens in any patches or set list. As I mentioned above, the proble is not with the HD500, but with the Guitar.

Used different cables too, so that can be taken out from the equation too.

Suggest contact customer support and get your Variax repaired

As there is a workaround it, I rather leave it as it is... Ii line6 would give me a fixed price, I would consider it fixed.

Earlier today I removed the main board and inspected it for visual fault, mainly looking for signs of burned components, leaking or bulgi capacitors, dry soldering and broken tracks. I could not see any of these signs present.