Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Best way to edit tone on FH device?

JamieCrain

I am always tweaking my tones but I am finding the FH process a little clunky. Here's how I do it:

Connect my iPad to FH, select the patch using the FH foot switch, and wait for the iPad to load it up. I make the tweaks, and then hit the share button and tap 'Save to FH device". I am then asked if I want to save to My Tones. If I tap "yes" then I end up with multiple tones in My Tones, all named the same, with nothing to distinguish them without going into each.

It's like a poor attempt at version control but without the means of sorting the versions. Basically I just want to keep only the current version.

Is there a better way to tweak tones without creating long lists of similar tones?

I usually save to "My Tones" first then send it to the FH.  That doesn't seem to generate multiple entries on mine as you're overwriting the entry (ie not the same as "Save As.." which generates a new file).

You can always delete the previous versions and/or slightly differentiate the name of the new tone when you save it so you know which is which.  I know it's not ideal, but it works for me.

• 3 weeks later...

I know this will seem like a round about way to do it, but I make all my adjustments and save tones directly into my hardware.  I don't "save to my tones" until later on.  Then I can level balance them all out and check to see if the tones I'll be using sound right.  Once I've got things where I want them to be and saved to the hardware, I'll finally "save them each to my tones.  

• 2 months later...

I usually try to just save on my iPad with "Save to My Tones". But sometimes it create a new tone (with the same name), and sometimes it updates the existing tone. I can't figure out how to consistently get it to update -- it seems totally random.

Anyone have any hints on how to get it to only update when Saving to My Tones?

Hello, I just got a Firehawk FX and an Android tablet and the Firehawk app.... I've been creating the tones I want but I can't figure out you to save them and send them to the pedal in the USER banks... There is no SAVE button that I can find...Where is the SAVE Button? And how do I send them to the pedal and save them in the USER banks?

I've been using Line 6 Spider II, III and IV's for years and the Firehawk is not saving by holding down the preset button till they flash, then pressing the button again like the Spider amps...

I like the tones I'm creating but I want them saved in the User Presets on the pedal...

I usually try to just save on my iPad with "Save to My Tones". But sometimes it create a new tone (with the same name), and sometimes it updates the existing tone. I can't figure out how to consistently get it to update -- it seems totally random.

Anyone have any hints on how to get it to only update when Saving to My Tones?

It seems random but it isn't. See here...http://line6.com/support/topic/21360-saving-tones/