Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can the Amplifi be used with the Firehawk Fx mutipedal?

Gkf9

You are trying to turn a sow's ear into a silk purse! The Firehawk FX is a far superior modeling device with lots of HD patches. IMHO it's just below the Helix in quality. If you hook it up to an Amplifi you'll have to disable all of the effects and amps on the Amplifi. I don't see any benefit in doing this. Far better to run the Firehawk into a good quality FRFR Biamped powered speaker such as the Line 6 LT 2 or 3 or a Freidman powered speaker, etc. just sayin. If you want a foot pedal to use with the Amplifi, why not get an MK shortboard or pop for the new FBV? Which is still $100 less than a Firehawk FX. Just sayin'

Jim

Yeah I thought that, it's just for further down the line when I'm hopefully better at playing the guitar.

Only had my Amplifi a few months and just bought a second hand FBV mkii express pedal this week to go with it. ( read that the new FBV is missing some features atm wit the Amplifi )

I really like being able to play to a backing track through the Amplifi by bluetooth whilst playing the guitar through it at the same time.

I suppose I'd miss that with a FRFR speaker?

Just wanted to see my options when the time comes to upgrade.

So looking like the FH and a FRFR speaker then would be the best option for me.

Thanks very much for your reply.

Yeah

I suppose I'd miss that with a FRFR speaker?

Just wanted to see my options when the time comes to upgrade.

So looking like the FH and a FRFR speaker then would be the best option for me.

Thanks very much for your reply.

No you would still have all those options available because you could plug the powered speakers into the headphone jack of the Amplifi or connect them to the Firehawk FX which still uses the remote app. If all of your patches were set up and you did not need to edit with the remote app, you could stream music off your desktop computer directly into your Firehawk with powered speakers and play along with any playlist (same as you would with the Amplifi)! Have fun.

Jim