Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

V 1.12 and The Tap Tempo

Gawwuf

Haven't upgraded yet cuz I saw a thread about Tap Tempo not working with the latest update.

Saw another thread saying they just changed something with Tap Tempo.

Can someone verify if Tap Tempo is indeed fully functional or not?

It's functional in the sense that the FX follow the set tempo properly. It is temporarily broken in the sense that the tempo saved with a preset is not properly recalled - some default tempo is used. I'm not familiar enough with it beyond that. I'm not sure whether the fault is just a one-time startup issue or whether it occurs with every preset. I'm not sure if you need to manually stomp to reset the tempo for each preset each time it is recalled, or if you only need to do it once after startup.

Line 6 is aware of this bug and (I think) has said it will be fixed in the next firmware update.

I think I'll just wait then, I don't really use the editor anyway.

Thanks Silverhead!

I feel ya. I use the editor because I have to test it, but if I didn't, I'd use the unit for every single thing except perhaps naming patches, and even that is fine in a pinch. On the unit is easier.

But it's been almost a month, and they know about the delay issue, I bet they'll fix it rather soon.

The issue I have with the tap tempo is that, while it worked in 1.10, it is almost unusable for me in 1.12.  It will not sync and sometimes I can tap the tempo to match the band and sometimes it will not respond at all.  I know about the FX having its own parameter limits & note settings since I used the M13 for many years as well as read all of DIs posts concerning proper settings. That is not the problem for me.  I know how it is to work.  It just seems to have a mind of its own.  In short it did not display this behavior in 1.10.  In fact it worked better then the two F/W versions I used before that.  Hopefully the update will be soon and will work as good if not better than it did in 1.10.  The drag is that 1.12 has several fixes I like so I try not to use many FX models that respond to tap tempo in my pre-sets.

Dennis :blink: