Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Experience so far trying to update...need help!

geeb

Hello L6 Helix forum!

I have run into issues updating the helix. 

I purchased new from GC about a month ago.

I am currently trying to update the helix. It has not been updated since purchase.

My questions:

Which program needs to be downloaded first? The language on the download section of the L6 website is beyond confusing to me. 

From what i can tell there are:

-updaters

-the update itself

-an editor

-firmware update

THE MAJOR ISSUE:

once i download any of the above, i open the .dmg and it does its thing and verifies and then opens a finder box with a .pkg file in it. clicking on that results in a slight delay and then a verifying box and no movement or progress occurs after that part. its just stuck!

HELP!!! i can't update the helix or figure out how to get going with the editor!

otherwise this thing has been a blast and is a ridiculously well thought out GUI

Here are the procedures I use.

1) Use the Helix app to backup your existing setlists and/or presets that you want to keep.

2) Download the Helix app/editor installer program from the Downloads section of this website. The app/editor is identified as Helix in the Software (not Product) field of the Downloads page.

3) Run the installer program. Make sure you install all three components - the app/editor, the Line 6 Updater program, and the driver.

4) Connect your Helix to the computer via USB and run the Line 6 Updater program. This will update the firmware on your Helix.

5) Restart Helix while holding down footswitches 7 & 8. This will restore the global settings to their default values and also install the factory presets associated with the new firmware.

6) Use the new Helix app/editor to restore the setlists/presets that you backed up in Step 1.

Let us know if this procedure fails at any point. Identify where it is failing and provide details.

Fellas, I appreciate the replies. At this point, anything i am downloading from line 6 is not opening. I am stuck at "Verifying "line 6 hellx driver.pkg""...and same for any other files. 

I have restarted. I don't believe i have any crazy firewall issues.

Macbook pro Retina 13-inch early 2015

3.1 ghz intel core i7

16 gb 1867 mhz ddr3

os x el capitan version 10.11.5

i am decent enough with computers to get stuff working *most* of the time. 

this one has me stumped

once i figure out how to screen shot on this computer i'll post what its looking like. 

thanks

george

OK. the fix was, i restarted computer and all internet devices in the house including modem/router. 

line 6 software verified and was able to be installed after all of that. 

Thanks for the help and input folks. i now also understand the process better thanks to silverhead!!