Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

right output of ux1 louder than left

Hello friends, perhaps you can help me with this one.

Both the phones and line outs from my ux1 have louder right channels than left channels. This is especially noticeable at lower output, where if i turn it down enough, it's like only one speaker is playing. It's not my mac or my phones, because using the same headphones I get a balanced output directly from the computer. Logic follows that it can't be the speakers either, because that would be a crazy coincidence that they have the same problem as the headphones when the headphones only have the problem when plugged into the ux1. It also follows that can't be the cables because my phones and my monitors use different cables, and when I swap the left and right cables at the outputs, the other monitor sounds louder.

My unit is fairly old, but I noticed this once years ago, forgot about it, and am only now trying to deal with it as I get more serious about my critical listening and production. I also looked around online and this seems to be a common problem with some ux2 and ux1 units, but not all of them, meaning it's almost certainly a defect. My warranty probably doesn't apply anymore, so any ideas on what else I could do to solve this?

ITs been a while since I fired up Pod Farm (so here is some guessing) - check to see if you are running any stereo fx and I think there may be a mixer in there to set the panning. Maybe something got tweaked to throw the balance off.