Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

recording dry and wet tracks without usb

chillbillyscott

Yep.  There are a couple different ways to set it up without USB. I tend to have the top path 1 handle whatever fully processed sound I want and go into my interface via XLRs.  I have path 2 on the bottom us the same input (Guitar or Multi). Then I leave that path empty and set the output to one of the 1/4" sends (or sPDIF).

If you're OK using a 1/4" out for the dry signal, you don't actually need to use another path. You can just insert a send block as the first thing in your path. Set the mix to 50%, and the dry path from the send block will be the same level as the signal going though the block to the rest of your path. If you want to use SPDIF, you'd have to set up a separate path as mentioned above.

If you're OK using a 1/4" out for the dry signal, you don't actually need to use another path. You can just insert a send block as the first thing in your path. Set the mix to 50%, and the dry path from the send block will be the same level as the signal going though the block to the rest of your path. If you want to use SPDIF, you'd have to set up a separate path as mentioned above.

+1