Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Wee annoying thing

regalpierot

I have started customizing mapped foot switches with labels other than the default block name (trying to standardize with logical things like 'LEAD' and 'WAH' etc). All good. 

But this evening I decided to move a lot of those customized switches around to try and standardize on locations between patches, and it seems when you move a mapped switch around it defaults back to its original name (most likely the block device) so they have to be re-customized. 

Anyone know a way around that?

No, but you are right, that can be annoying. If you work with the editor, it is quite fast to type in the names again, though.

What is more work, more annoying and one should be aware of: if you have put CONTROLLERS to the footswitches, you loose ALL edited values and it switches back to default if you change the number of the fs !

I have started customizing mapped foot switches with labels other than the default block name (trying to standardize with logical things like 'LEAD' and 'WAH' etc). All good. 

But this evening I decided to move a lot of those customized switches around to try and standardize on locations between patches, and it seems when you move a mapped switch around it defaults back to its original name (most likely the block device) so they have to be re-customized. 

Anyone know a way around that?

Just enter pedal mode and touch and hold(don't press) both switches at the same time (source & target switch). A message will popup asking if you want to swap them. Answer "OK" and all the assignments as well as the custom label and ring color will swap to the new footswitch.

• Upvote 3