Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Like, eh, WTF

regalpierot

So if you were designing a backpack, and it's official and not cheap, but granted quality material,  to go with your beautifully meticulously designed guitar processor, one of the top 3 core features would be

'Unit its designed for actually fits in it without grease and a wrestling match'

After waiting quite a while for the backpack to get in stock, parting with close to $150, and waiting for two weeks for delivery I opened it this evening ahead of a gig tomorrow night and am faced with this. Before I return the thing, anyone else experience the same issue or do I just have a bad one (the last thing I'm going to do is force a metal zip over my lovely Helix then spend weeks depressingly looking at al the black finish that has been scratched off).

Helix%20BP_zps3braktn2.jpg

It stretches and/or the foam compresses after a day or so. Just force it into the foam, zip it up without contacting the metal, and leave the Helix in there overnight.

I had the same freak out the first time I tried to zip mine up. Now it fits perfectly.

• Upvote 2

Same experience here...it gets MUCH better.  Also...I was used to loading the HD500 with the bag flat.  With the helix bag, it works much better to stand it on the end and then slide the helix in from the top...if that makes sense.

Yeah, it's a little snug when you first get it, but as others have said, it loosens up. I'm not sure how you have the Helix in the bag, but I've found putting it in so the end without the pedal on it goes in first works out best.

I still think it could fit better.  When the foam compresses, it offers less protection - you want uncompressed foam to absorb the shock.

Glad I went with my choice as it offers really good but lightweight protection.  Sadly though, they've doubled the price!!!  Maybe they realized that a lot of Helix owners will really like this case.

http://www.amazon.com/Gator-Inches-Lightweight-Mixer-G-MIX-L/dp/B003N1900O?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

P.S. Ignore the picture.  It's the wrong picture for the product.

I got a Gator case for my HD500 and the EP foam was awesome. I had to put Egg-Crate foam in the top and bottom so the board wouldn't rattle side to side, but has rocked for a couple years now.

One note, I was stuffing cables and lots of crap in the side bag when it finally let go of the main case, but I don't miss it.

Looking forward to the L6 Backpack Bag...

I put my Helix in the bag pedal up and facing the front of the bag (away from the back straps). That way I have a good hand hold for getting it in and out reducing the chance of dropping it. I also put it in the bag from the top, not flat, letting the weight of the Helix push itself into the bag. I carry all cables associated with Helix in the Helix bag so that the cables associated with a device are with the device, not mixed up with cables for other devices in some big cable box. Same with all the powered PA speakers. Their cases have pouches that contain their power and XLR or TRS cable (we use TRS for our monitors). Grab a speaker and you have everything you need to cable it up. That makes it easer to do parallel setup (assuming everyone in the band pitches in).

Sorry I started an other thread on this question and some others before reading this one, but for the placement of the Helix it seems not to bulge on the side with the handle as much if I put it in EXP side first...