Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can Helix use banks like podhd500 did?

frankiman

With the pod we had the option to either select a patch with the bank and then use all 8 switches with different effects or use the bank to store up to 4 patches then once a patch is selected you could use only the top 4 switches to turn on/off effects.

I find i cant do the latter on the Helix or am i wrong? Can someone explain if this would be possible.

Thanks again.

I believe you can things up this way.

There is a 10 Stomp mode with no bank up/down.

There is a mode where you can have bank up/down with 8 preset switches.

There is a mode where you can have bank up/down with 4 preset switches on the bottom and

and 4 stomps on the top.  You can also have it flip flopped for presets on top and stomps on bottom.

I also believe that you can select to have the bank buttons instead be preset up/down buttons.  I would assume

this would allow preset up/down plus 8 stomps.  It's all in the global settings menus I believe.

• Upvote 1

With the pod we had the option to either select a patch with the bank and then use all 8 switches with different effects or use the bank to store up to 4 patches then once a patch is selected you could use only the top 4 switches to turn on/off effects.

1. Press MENU and then Knob 6 (Global Settings).
  2. Use the joystick to select the Footswitches submenu and turn Knob 2 (Preset Mode Switches) to "Lower Row." Four Stomps appear on the top row and four presets appear on the bottom row (like HD500X's default state)

To view 8 stomps, just press MODE to select Stomp footswitch mode.

Global Settings are not accessible from the editor software.