Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Could You Guys Please Vote My Ideas Up?

Jose7822

Yes, exactly right. If everybody using Ideascale voted for every other idea submitted on a tit-for-tat basis, every single idea would have exactly the same number of votes, and that number would be equal to the total number of submitters minus 1 (the submitter of the idea). And Line 6 would end up getting no meaningful guidance in prioritizing ideas.

• Upvote 1

Why? :-(

They're good ideas that would benefit people who like the new Mesa JP-2C amp, or who own a Kemper/Axe FX II and want to connect it to the Helix via S/PDIF. That way you don't go through several A/D and D/A conversions. Keeps the signal pristine!

For every idea submitted at least one person thinks it is a good idea; that's why they submitted it. The fact that you think they are good ideas is great - but someone else may have other priorities. That's the whole point. People should vote for the ideas they like best, and should make that decision for themselves. If everyone votes for everything, or votes under the influence of anyone else, then the whole concept of Line 6 gaining guidance on user priorities is defeated.

Not to be negative but...

We should only vote on what we think is important to each of us. Not vote for me because I vote for you.

You got a point but i have requested a voting for porting the Editor and Driver for older version of Mac OS like Lion or even Snow Leopard..

Not many use older those OS these days that means noone voted for it.

But heres the thing

I cant afford a newer mac (And i cant install newer OS than 1.7.5 on my Mac Pro) hell i just bought a Heiix it willk take many years before i can buy a new Mac Pro..

So i NEED help with many votes so L6 is rewriting the Editor so it accept older version then OSX 10.8 i would say 10.6 as the oldest many studios still run on 10.6

But they can of course have several computers so no need to use the dedicated studio computer to hook up the Helix on..

So i still think we can HELP eacother on important issues even if we dont need that option..

Maybe, but that's kind of like yelling louder because there's a lot of noise -- it doesn't get you heard, it just escalates the whole thing.

I voted for the ones that are important to me, which is how this system works.

You got a point but i have requested a voting for porting the Editor and Driver for older version of Mac OS like Lion or even Snow Leopard..

Not many use older those OS these days that means noone voted for it.

But heres the thing

I cant afford a newer mac (And i cant install newer OS than 1.7.5 on my Mac Pro) hell i just bought a Heiix it willk take many years before i can buy a new Mac Pro..

So i NEED help with many votes so L6 is rewriting the Editor so it accept older version then OSX 10.8 i would say 10.6 as the oldest many studios still run on 10.6

But they can of course have several computers so no need to use the dedicated studio computer to hook up the Helix on..

So i still think we can HELP eacother on important issues even if we dont need that option..

That's the one thing I loath about the Mac OS environment. Sometimes updates requires new hardware. I bet you I could use the Helix driver on a Windows XP machine, or at least in Windows Vista (which is still an older OS than both Mountain Lion and Snow Leopard). That sucks!

That's the one thing I loath about the Mac OS environment. Sometimes updates requires new hardware. I bet you I could use the Helix driver on a Windows XP machine, or at least in Windows Vista (which is still an older OS than both Mountain Lion and Snow Leopard). That sucks!

This is the kind of thing that baffles me.  Of course everything works fine on older versions of Windows, but not on older versions of the Mac.  One is an open system and one is a closed system.  L6 can easily test on the various versions of Windows, but has to purchase different hardware to test older Apple versions.  This isn't an L6 problem, it's a problem with Apple.  Don't ask L6 to compensate for Apple's corporate policy of abandoning their user base if they don't upgrade.

This is the kind of thing that baffles me.  Of course everything works fine on older versions of Windows, but not on older versions of the Mac.  One is an open system and one is a closed system.  L6 can easily test on the various versions of Windows, but has to purchase different hardware to test older Apple versions.  This isn't an L6 problem, it's a problem with Apple.  Don't ask L6 to compensate for Apple's corporate policy of abandoning their user base if they don't upgrade.

I never said this was a Line 6 problem, nor am I asking them to purchase anything. Otherwise, I agree with you :-).