Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500 Toe Switch

inblut

Hey there,

I'm having an issue with the toe switch of my HD500.
Everytime I need to activate the wha, It is only activated after pressing it for like 2 second or so...then it activates as soon as I stop pressing the toe switch.

Is this normal? Is it possible to set it up so that it activates upon the initial press?

Flash v2.62

Cheers,

Ricardo

I actually took the foot pedal off of the board and trimmed some of the rubber off of it to make it easier to press down. NOTE:  This could void your warranty if you have a brand new pedal. Mine is an older HD500 so the warranty is toast. BTW, I trimmed a little at the time until I got it near perfect to activate the toe switch. I almost had to jump up and down on mine when it was new. As a matter of fact, I had to stand on it with all my weight and take my other foot off the floor to get it to go down far enough!!! TRUE!!!!

Guys, thank you so much for your help.
I am checking this out tonight when I go to the studio. 
Thinking about this...we have a new rug on the floor and my floorboard with the HD and all the pedals was placed on one of the extremities.
It may actually be the cause of all this + I may not be pressing that hard.

Nonetheless Im am glad to know that it is perfectly possible to open the unit up and access the rubber and eventually trim it.

Thank youuuuu alll ;)

Are you certain that you have an effect linked to the toe switch? That could be why nothing happens...

hehe that was my first fail haha

Then I eventually noticed it and placed the wha on the chain :)