Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

djy8131

Just want to clarify, To do a complete backup of all user content on the Helix, do I just need to do a bundle export and an IR export?  In other words, does the bundle include all user content except for IRs?  (setlists and presets for example)

Thx.  I did start numbering my IRs.  I think I will also start deleting the ones I don't use :-)  For this last update I exported setlists, presets, IRs and setlists just in case but I want to  move away from that if the 1 bundle and IR backup will work

I find that backing up the bundle is less flexible than backing up individual setlists. That's because some firmware updates include new or modified factory presets and occasionally even new setlists.

If you restore a previously saved bundle you will overwrite the new stuff. And if you restore the new factory setlists you will overwrite the existing setlists (from in your saved and restored bundle). So the only way to have both the new factory presets/setlists and your old custom setlists is to save the old custom setlists individually so that you can restore them alongside the new factory stuff.

Thanks for that info!  I never thought of that.  So to be clear, the most flexible way to do a backup so you can take advantage of any new presets is to:

1.) Note any global settings info you my need to re-enter

2.) Back up the IRs noting their location slot

3.) Backup each setlist you created  (select each one and hit export setlist)

This would at least save the step of backing up presets since presets are included in  setlist backup correct?

Correct. That's the procedure I follow, except you don't really need to backup the IRs. Unless you deleted them you have them on your computer already - that's the only way they got imported into the Helix in the first place. You may want to rename them to include the location/slot number but you can do that either on your computer or on Helix.

• 3 years later...

Thanks.I found the IR's somehow .The main concerned I had was that if I saved  a bundle that was saved before the update, will I be able to restore the same bundle with IR's on the new version after update.Will Helix accommodate the old bundle on a new update?

Thanks

25 minutes ago, jesuscares said:

Thanks.I found the IR's somehow .The main concerned I had was that if I saved  a bundle that was saved before the update, will I be able to restore the same bundle with IR's on the new version after update.Will Helix accommodate the old bundle on a new update?

Thanks

Not that it is a bad thing to create backups in as many forms as possible(full backup, bundle, setlists,presets) but why are you still talking about bundles? Is this in reference to sharing Helix presets with Native? Are you updating Helix to 2.81 from a really old firmware version? Doing a "Create Backup" will backup your setlists, IRs, and global settings and allow all of them to be restored. The problem with bundles was that they did not include IRs and global settings originally and that meant you had to use all kind of wacky naming/numbering schemes with your IRs to replace them to the correct slot when you upgraded. Create/Restore Backup replaced the bundles restore method and solved the IR and global settings restore problem. With the exception of Native, bundles are really a legacy backup format at this point.

• Upvote 1