Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Jtv Question's From Lurking (soon To Be Buyer)

Hello guys. I am thinking of selling my epi les paul tribute plus and getting a jtv-59.

I have a few questions though.

Has anyone made a great sounding bass emulation patch?  This link on sweetwaters site about the workbench cable has this demo on the page "jazzbass"

is that a model that can be used on the jtv series?

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Workbench

also, say I create custom models/tunings in workbench, how many can I store on the actual guitar? I have no need for a pod, I am a producer, and use itb guitar amp models.

Thanks so much!!

Good sounding bass patches have been made for the JTV. They are constructed using Workbench with the alternate tuning feature - down one octave.

You can store 60 models on the JTV simultaneously. You can swap models in and out easily using Workbench.

The recent JTV firmware release, v2.0, is a complete overhaul of the modeling. Older presets created with pre-v2.0 versions of Workbench HD will not work in JTV HD v2.0. And if/when you get your new JTV the first thing you will want to do is upgrade the firmware.

So whatever preset is on the sweetwater page is now history. I am not yet familiar enough with Workbench HD and the available guitar bodies and pickups to recommend how to recreate an improved version of that preset. But rest assured, it is possible.

No - I don't have an audio sample of the preset I use, and since I have upgraded to JTV v2.0 I can no longer load the old preset to create a sample. Next time I need a bass guitar model I will create a new HD one using Workbench.