Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

line g10 vs relay g 30

phenix9

Up until two weeks ago I had been using 3 G30's for just over three years. I bought two G10's and have used them twice so far, they have the same internal tech as the G30 and perform just the same. In my opinion, better. No batteries or a back pack to fall off my guitar strap.

Buy one you will not regret it.

The only negative for me is the 5v micro USB power supply as opposed to the standard 9v PSU.

:)

• Upvote 1

Up until two weeks ago I had been using 3 G30's for just over three years. I bought two G10's and have used them twice so far, they have the same internal tech as the G30 and perform just the same. In my opinion, better. No batteries or a back pack to fall off my guitar strap.

The only negative for me is the 5v micro USB power supply as opposed to the standard 9v PSU.

Lee7, This unit does plug into a regular outlet right???

It comes with a PSU that can house various fitments depending on which part of the world you are from, it plugs into a standard 3 pin plug. The PSU inputs 240v but only outputs 5.5v. As I wanted to put my G10 into a Boss BCB board and power it from one of the 9v outlets, I am now having to have a special box made that step down from 9v to 5.5v and will enable me to connect it to a standard 9v outlet on my board. 

Apart from that it is a great idea.

+1 on the negative being the 5v micro USB.  You could get a step-down converter like this one (https://www.adafruit.com/product/1385) and use a standard 9v power supply, then you could wire it into a pedal board.  

Or, you could get a battery pack like this (https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-13000-Portable-Charger/dp/B00Z9QVE4Q?ie=UTF8&ref_=zg_bs_7073960011_1), mount the Relay G10 on top of it, and use a short USB cable to connect it.  That battery pack would power the unit for a long time.

A right-angle usb connector is also nice for the unit, to help prevent damage if the cord gets yanked or stepped on.

I actually prefer the USB option. I have a voodoo pedal power 2 plus which only has 8 plugs. I need those for my pedals! What I do have tons of is USB chargers and cable which I can stick into the power outlet on the voodoo. I suppose having both options would have been even better for the folks out there, just would add to the price I suppose. (Version 2?)

hi 

I ordered the relay g10

will i throw away my g 30 ?lol

i want to say that with a SG or Steinberger models , the cable can be a problem if you put your feet on :) 

the G 10 is a solution 

i have read that we can use the usb connections with 

the cellular phone charger because of the mini connection

possible ?or not

and a lot of usb connections are not mini

not having added a power supply is a BAD THING !!! 

but i read the g 10 had a usb+power supply too in the box

i have read that we can use the usb connections with 

the cellular phone charger because of the mini connection

possible ?or not

and a lot of usb connections are not mini

not having added a power supply is a BAD THING !!! 

but i read the g 10 had a usb+power supply too in the box

A cell phone charger works fine.  I even charged mine with the cell phone charger in my vehicle.

I have had both, according to Line 6 the G10 has the same electronics as the G30, so why should it sound different? I use my G10's for bass and 12 string rickenbacker, I cannot hear any difference in tone from between the G10 or my old G30's.

And I doubt the audience would be able to tell either.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually prefer the USB option. I have a voodoo pedal power 2 plus which only has 8 plugs. I need those for my pedals! What I do have tons of is USB chargers and cable which I can stick into the power outlet on the voodoo. I suppose having both options would have been even better for the folks out there, just would add to the price I suppose. (Version 2?)

you can use a splitter cable or a shorter daisy chain to feed 2 or more pedals using a single output from your pp2+. just make sure that the output current can supply all the pedals. this is what i do and i don't want another charger/cable running out from my board (4CM routed to amp and 1 power cable from PP 4x4). that extra usb cable/charger is just an additional hassle in my opinion.

i'm using a G30 and i can use the 9V output from the PP 4x4

• 3 months later...

This is THE $11 converter to use with your pedal board 9v power supply.

I like this over other converters because:

#1)  My multi-power supply has 9v, 12v, and 18v power supplies.  So, I can use any of them with this adapter, and it auto-adjusts the input voltage, so if I am not using or have an extra 12v or 18v, I can use that and save my 9v plugs for more common 9v pedals.

#2)  Some of these buck converters require you to turn a knob to adjust the input or output voltage.  This one is plug-n-play.

#3)  It is rated as waterproof, so if someone spills a drink on it, no worries.

#4)  It has mounting holes, so I can mount it somewhere and it will not bounce around.

#5)  the positive and negative are colored, so I do not have to use my volt meter to figure this out when I wire up the 2.5mm end that plugs into my ISO power bar.

The only negative, which applies to all of these converters, is that I will have to make 2 wire connections for the 2.5mm end.  Not hard, some black electrical tape and I am good to go.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QTJWRFW/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2PMIWMSUTAYGS

power_converter.jpg